Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curtains for French Door type windows

Options
  • 05-01-2018 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,043 ✭✭✭✭

In my sitting room and master bedroom I have two sets of French doors rather than windows. The pic isn't ideal but each door is about 30cm off the ground and about 50cm wide. Theres a strip of wall (behind the tree) which is about 50cm wide.

Initially we put wooden blinds over the glass, one on each door. That works from a light point of view but the problem is, the doors are metal and conduct the cold, and both rooms are freezing. I open the bedroom door and the cold hits you. So I'm thinking I need curtains and/or shutters.

I have no idea what to do though, two sets of curtains in each room or effectively curtain the entire front wall. Budget is limited so will be trying to buy off the shelf rather then bespoke.

The doors are used a bit too so any covering can't impede the doors being opened easily.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AM258

You could do 2 separate poles (or one long one) with one curtain on each. It would mean less cost as one pair will do the two windows. You could tie/draw back to the outside of both and close without the whole wall being curtained. I have seen it done, it looks well.

Advertisement