Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rights of Herd Keepers

Options
  • 05-01-2018 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Straight forward question (or at least it should be but I can't seem to find anything online), what are the rights of the herdkeeper i.e. what can they do with livestock? More specifically, can herd keepers sell livestock?

Herd owner passed away and some of their cattle are coming up on the 30 months and fodder is short. Gonns be a few months yet til the probate is sorted. Anyway to sell cattle as the herd keeper is a separate person still caring for the cattle.

Much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Peter90

T0001 wrote: »
    Straight forward question (or at least it should be but I can't seem to find anything online), what are the rights of the herdkeeper i.e. what can they do with livestock? More specifically, can herd keepers sell livestock?

Herd owner passed away and some of their cattle are coming up on the 30 months and fodder is short. Gonns be a few months yet til the probate is sorted. Anyway to sell cattle as the herd keeper is a separate person still caring for the cattle.

Much appreciated

Yes, money received via mart/factory to be lodged in herd owners bank and be sorted with will

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Hereford202

Could money recieved in the mart be put into the herd keepers account or does it have to be into the owners account?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭dzer2

Could money recieved in the mart be put into the herd keepers account or does it have to be into the owners account?

It will come in a cheque with hard owners name on it. Will have to be lodged into that account. Only time I seen it different is when the herd keeper new the Auctioneer and had half the money paid to her.

Advertisement