Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative commuting modes

Options
  • 05-01-2018 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

I walk about 30 mins into city as my commute but debating getting a push scooter to speed up commute.
    I see very little people using scooters or roller blades or whatever...i would have thought modes like these would be more popular.. saw lots of folk on scooters etc in Lisbon last year..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭BowSideChamp

Video on BBC this week of a German man commute by swimming down a river to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

There a few people with high end push scooters on the docklands train. Good few folding bikes, through fewer of both now since there isn't room for a wafer thin mint most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Why not a fold up bike and take it into the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

push scooter or electric scooter would be grand! I've seen a few solo wheels about too - look class :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,502 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I skated from Docklands to my previous job about three times before giving it up.

The stairs and Sheriff Street way was implausible to skate back up and doing it on the flat (under Sheriff Street down the canal and then Mayor Street) felt like everyone in the apartments were laughing at someone 'too old' for a skateboard.

So I stopped :(

Skateboards are the most easily carriable on a crowded train of the lot though; although a tradational skater backpack will take someones eye out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement