Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Gambling transactions on current account

• 05-01-2018 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7 ✭✭✭ pinball11

Quick question I'm applying for a mortgage I had cash saved at home and lodged it too my savings account over 3 months and today they asked where the money came from I said I had it at home and they are now requesting 2 years bank statements.In March 2016 I have 2 Ladbrokes transactions in the same day for €15 And €32,does anyone think this will be a problem an my mortgage approvals?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭ Copper_pipe

pinball11 wrote: »
    Quick question I'm applying for a mortgage I had cash saved at home and lodged it too my savings account over 3 months and today they asked where the money came from I said I had it at home and they are now requesting 2 years bank statements.In March 2016 I have 2 Ladbrokes transactions in the same day for €15 And €32,does anyone think this will be a problem an my mortgage approvals?

Mod note: not necessarily the best advice to give.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 61,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭ L1011

Its almost two years ago; if the cash withdrawals make sense for someone doing mattress savings like that its unlikely to have any impact. In general the very occasional use of the card for gambling doesn't matter either, particularly around the few times of the year when people who don't generally gamble may have a go - Cheltenham being one that matches up with March

If it does; it won't be on two years of statements in April which isn't very far away.

Advertisement