Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another qualification after ACCA?

Options
  • 05-01-2018 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

So… my situation is that I’m due to complete my ACCA qualification early in my training contract. I should be done by Dec 2018, by which point I’ll be just over 2 years into a 3.5 year training contract in internal audit.

Currently pondering on what I could be doing over the remaining 1.5 years, from an education perspective, to add value to my CV.

So far, I was thinking maybe...

* ACA (I’d be CAP1 and CAP2 exempt, and just would have to do FAE)

* CIMA (I’d be able go straight in at professional gateway level – 2 case studies and 3 multiple choice exams could probably be done in a year..?)

* ACCA’s long distance MSc in Professional Accountancy through the University of London

* Prince2 (expensive, but short project management qualification that doesn’t require an experience component).

* Something in the area of C++ or other programming languages.

* Not particularly keen on doing the CIA internal auditor exams, as I don’t think internal audit is my long-term career path, but it’s not out of the question…

For context, I mainly work in the areas of audit and consulting. I haven’t made up my my mind yet as to whether I’ll be staying in public accounting long-term or movinig into industry…

Does anyone have any opinions on what value any of the above qualifications would add to ACCA? (or does anyone have any other suggestions for my list?)

Many thanks!

Naoise

Advertisement