Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - 2 kids on a couch with online players

Options
  • 05-01-2018 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

I know virtually nothing about the Xbox one that the kids got for Christmas so please bear with me here...

We have 1 xbox live gold account.
    We have 2 controllers.

Each of the kids can play online with their friends no problem, they seem to love a game called Fortnite.
    Is there any games or any way for both kids, sitting in the same room to play together / splitscreen along with their pals online?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,876 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

JMR wrote: »
    I know virtually nothing about the Xbox one that the kids got for Christmas so please bear with me here...

We have 1 xbox live gold account.
    We have 2 controllers.

Each of the kids can play online with their friends no problem, they seem to love a game called Fortnite.
    Is there any games or any way for both kids, sitting in the same room to play together / splitscreen along with their pals online?

Thanks

Not on Fortnite short of buying a second Xbox.

Maybe Rocket League allows it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Unfortunately split screen is becoming less common, and online splitscreen even more so.

As said above, no way to do this on Fortnite.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JMR

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Not on Fortnite short of buying a second Xbox.

Maybe Rocket League allows it?

They do have Rocket League, is there an easy way to tell if it's possible? Apologies if it's a dumb question!

Do you know of any games that allow it?
    I will happily download to avoid the arguments over who's turn it is!!😀

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Rocket league should work fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Rocket League will definitely work.
    #IDARB is a similar crazy sports-ish type platform game (It can have up to 8 players at once).

How old are they?
    If they're a bit older, the Halo games had splitscreen and you can play splitscreen against people over xbox live as well. (The Halo Master Chief Collection has all the games in one spot and should be fairly cheap these days) - note: Halo 5 does not have split screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JMR

Rocket League will definitely work.
    #IDARB is a similar crazy sports-ish type platform game (It can have up to 8 players at once).

How old are they?
    If they're a bit older, the Halo games had splitscreen and you can play splitscreen against people over xbox live as well. (The Halo Master Chief Collection has all the games in one spot and should be fairly cheap these days) - note: Halo 5 does not have split screen.

11 and 7. They don't have Halo, I'll check it out. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dbloke

Minecraft. My kids (5 and 7) are addicted to it. They play on Xbox together split screen and I join in from my laptop on Windows 10 version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

dbloke wrote: »
    Minecraft. My kids (5 and 7) are addicted to it. They play on Xbox together split screen and I join in from my laptop on Windows 10 version.

4 of mine could play Minecraft on the 360 with their online friends (screen split unto quarters). twas pretty impressive TBF
    Can they do this with an Xbox 1?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Yep, I play 3 player split screen with the kids on my Xbox one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Yep, I play 3 player split screen with the kids on my Xbox one

minecraft?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

minecraft?

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭xyz123

pretty sure plants vs zombies, garden warfare will also work split screen online. So will Terraria & Minecraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Sadly, they'll only want to play what their friends are playing at the time, But its no harm taking turns?
    And theres no way to make fortnight 2 player split screen online

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    Sadly, they'll only want to play what their friends are playing at the time, But its no harm taking turns?
    And theres no way to make fortnight 2 player split screen online

Nope.
    I'd say it would be quite hard on split screen, you need a good field of view.

Advertisement