Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pulse bf squonk mod

Options
  • 04-01-2018 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

I know a few people ordered this a soon as it came out, just wondering how you all are getting
    on with it?

Happy enough with it?

I havent pulled the trigger on one yet myself but it looks like i will be soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I know a few people ordered this a soon as it came out, just wondering how you all are getting
    on with it?

Happy enough with it?

I havent pulled the trigger on one yet myself but it looks like i will be soon.

Been using mine for a couple of months now but not as an all day vape,I rotate all my mods & tanks.

I have vaped 2 bottles through it with no leaks inside or out,only time when it does leak is when I over squonk with my Pulse 24,I was thinking of trying the new Bonza or Drop,they might handle over squonking better....maybe

Using the Pulse 24,I need to squeeze the very soft bottle for 2 seconds & let go,3 seconds hold will over squonk,just a matter of getting use to the RDA you have.

The bottle is very soft,you would need to be very careful when fitting it back in or you might squeeze a little juice on the inside,I bought one of those 30ml refill bottles where you screw it on the 510 connection,so no need to take the soft bottle out until you decide to change liquids.

No rips on the battery but make sure you put the battery in evenly,I mean top & bottom of battery pushed in evenly,I can't think of another word for the moment:D:D
    Easy to change battery,just take off the back door & push the battery out evenly.

No click on firing button but has a short throw,just get use to it over time,a good hard hitting mod,I'm using 18650 with the adaptor.

Takes up to 25mm squonking or otherwise drippers with no over hang,I have the all black one with a gold Pulse24 & looks the business & very comfortable in the hand,I reckon it's a suitable mod for your top pocket for out n about....

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Steve666

I love mine. The button is lovely and squishy. Fav button ever.

With regards to over-squonking - I never have trouble if I just hold it vertical - I can squeeze the shiz out of it and totally flood the dripper, and when I release the bottle it sucks all the excess back down.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

Been using mine for a couple of months now but not as an all day vape,I rotate all my mods & tanks.

I have vaped 2 bottles through it with no leaks inside or out,only time when it does leak is when I over squonk with my Pulse 24,I was thinking of trying the new Bonza or Drop,they might handle over squonking better....maybe

Using the Pulse 24,I need to squeeze the very soft bottle for 2 seconds & let go,3 seconds hold will over squonk,just a matter of getting use to the RDA you have.

The bottle is very soft,you would need to be very careful when fitting it back in or you might squeeze a little juice on the inside,I bought one of those 30ml refill bottles where you screw it on the 510 connection,so no need to take the soft bottle out until you decide to change liquids.

No rips on the battery but make sure you put the battery in evenly,I mean top & bottom of battery pushed in evenly,I can't think of another word for the moment:D:D
    Easy to change battery,just take off the back door & push the battery out evenly.

No click on firing button but has a short throw,just get use to it over time,a good hard hitting mod,I'm using 18650 with the adaptor.

Takes up to 25mm squonking or otherwise drippers with no over hang,I have the all black one with a gold Pulse24 & looks the business & very comfortable in the hand,I reckon it's a suitable mod for your top pocket for out n about....

Sounds good to me. Thinking of pairing it with my goon v1.5. Do you think that would be a good pairing for squonking?

Also - I have a few different squonkers now, and this one has the best bottle opening - nice big hole for my fat fingers (oh matron!). And the opening isn't just a flat rectangle - it goes 'around the corner' if you know what I mean... Basically it's really comfortable in the hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

Steve666 wrote: »
    Also - I have a few different squonkers now, and this one has the best bottle opening - nice big hole for my fat fingers (oh matron!). And the opening isn't just a flat rectangle - it goes 'around the corner' if you know what I mean... Basically it's really comfortable in the hand.

Yeah i get ya, i noticed that in the pics alright. Think i will pick one up.

What batteries would people recommend for this? I dont build very low. Usually around .3 with dual stainless micro coils in the goon.

I have few pairs of lg hg2 batteries but im thinking sony vtc or samsung 25r's.

I see ivape do the ijoy 20700 aswell but im not sure really.

• Advertisement

I reckon Sony VTC 6 are the greatest batteries yet.

I love mine. The button is lovely and squishy. Fav button ever.

With regards to over-squonking - I never have trouble if I just hold it vertical - I can squeeze the shiz out of it and totally flood the dripper, and when I release the bottle it sucks all the excess back down.

What dripper are you using...the Pulse24 leaks at the bottom if over squonked,the O-rings need to be thicker...

Mostly the Pulse 22. Single battery with single coil. I love it. Shame to hear about the 24 leaking - I was going to pick one up after the 22 being so good.

I often fill the squonk bottle through the Pulse 22 also - similar to those squonk-filling yokes you mentioned - I turn it upside down, 'squonk' the air out of the bottle, keep my finger on the bottle, turn it back upright, fill the Pulse 22 with juice, let go of the bottle, and watch it all get sucked down into the bottle, keeping the dripper topped up with juice until the bottle fully expands. Might take 2 or 3 goes to get it full, but it avoids any mess taking out the super soft bottle, as you mentioned above.

Mostly the Pulse 22. Single battery with single coil. I love it. Shame to hear about the 24 leaking - I was going to pick one up after the 22 being so good.

I often fill the squonk bottle through the Pulse 22 also - similar to those squonk-filling yokes you mentioned - I turn it upside down, 'squonk' the air out of the bottle, keep my finger on the bottle, turn it back upright, fill the Pulse 22 with juice, let go of the bottle, and watch it all get sucked down into the bottle, keeping the dripper topped up with juice until the bottle fully expands. Might take 2 or 3 goes to get it full, but it avoids any mess taking out the super soft bottle, as you mentioned above.

I have 2 x Pulse 22 squonking on 2 x drip box 160's & never had a leak,unlike the 24.
    I also have 2 x Sky Walkers on the 160's & never had a leak,has a very easy build deck but got a bad review because the ultem airflow control top cap travelled too far into the tube & touched the coils,it does but you have to push hard for it to do that,otherwise great flavour & clouds,bought mine at FT for a tenner each http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/rebuildable-atomizers/864-ud-skywalker-rda.html

Good idea with your filling method,I must try it out,that soft bottle has a fantastic way of sucking excess liquid back into the bottle...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Sounds good to me. Thinking of pairing it with my goon v1.5. Do you think that would be a good pairing for squonking?

Just for your information, i hated the Goon as a bf RDA. Have the Pulse 24, Dead Rabbit and Wasp Nano on the go and i would recommend any of those over the Goon.

Pulse for me is an all day device, i love it so much i have two :D

As for batteries, ijoy 20700 (5 leg) or the VTC5a are my go to choices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

I'm using the Druga on it with a dual SS316l build, 6 wraps, 2.5mm about 0.2 ohms. Batteries are Sony vtc5a, excellent for mechs as they have a rating of 25 amps. Gives a flavoursome warmish vape. Excellent value squonker and is a very solid bit of kit. Only thing I'm not mad about is the short throw on the fire button and the very soft bottle, but thats a subjective thing and others may disagree.

Advertisement