Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Devon heos 5 wireless speaker

Options
  • 04-01-2018 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭

Having trouble setting up my new speaker. In between Internet providers due to eircoms inability to do anything useful, so I have a wifi network which has no Internet connection which I can connect up my speaker to just fine using the heos app. But when I try to play Spotify obviously my phone can't pick up a Internet connection so tells me iv no Internet. I'v been using my phone as a hotspot for the past 2 months, the tv, ps4, laptops and other phones all connect to it fine but when I try to connect the speaker to it it keeps giving me an error after I enter my password.

Iv tried changing settings on my phone to push mobile data over wifi so that I can still have Internet while connected to the wifi network but this doesn't seem to work. Anyone have any suggestions as to why it wouldn't recognise my hotspot as a valid network?

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

do you have another phone/tablet you can use to do the heos setup while your phone remains just a hotspot? often these units setup a temp wifi network so you can connect to them to do a setup, so your phone cannot connect to both the heos and be a hotspot. if you can try with another tablet that might work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Cheers, that worked!

Advertisement