Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The anti NY resolution thread

Options
  • 04-01-2018 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭

It's four days into the new year and I'm already sick of the constant diet ads on TV, the non-stop spam in my inbox advertising "incredible gym deals", the colleagues that can't stop talking about "veganuary" and the tupperware brigade that can't stop extolling the virtues of all the money they are going to save this year from their lack of Pret sandwiches and takeaway coffees.

Inevitably in three weeks we will all be back to our 2017 selves, so this year I'm getting ahead of the curve by just not being arsed and being my same fabulous, sugar-addicted self. New year, same me.

Sitting here eating the leftover Celebrations from the office snack drawer - definitely into double digits now - haven't been to the gym since before Christmas and I've been swearing like a trooper all day. I plan on a G&T or two with a good friend this evening and I'll probably get two takeaway coffees tomorrow because this week is dragging the arse out of me.

What non resolutions have you been keeping up since 2018?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,130 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Was your Jan 2017 resolution to join boards.ie to post crap like the rest of us?

My non resolution has been to continue on in pretty much the same vein as I usually do. Yesterday I ate a box of Milk Tray. Today I had a Supermacs Festive 5 oz burger. Now I did look at runners in Elverys so that was some small move in the right direction :p

I am in the process of a career related thing which will be wonderful if I get it but that would be happening regardless of it being new year or not. Also still working on the "you are good enough" mantra. Apart from that sure I'll happily continue to drink all of the drinks and eat all of the foods :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Allinall

I definite won't be going to New York.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

People still watch ads???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

May all your worries last as long as your new year resolutions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

No tv here/ box sets and netflix here. I continue to swear like a sailor when the need demands. Ill eat what i want when i want. Gym. Whats that?
    New years resolutions - crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

I don't make resolutions but I DO make travel plans at the start of each year. I firmly believe in having things to look forward to on the horizon. That doesn't mean that I don't believe in living in the moment but we all have down days and on the down days, it's nice to have some future fun to contemplate.

This year's plans:

Various places in Ireland
    Edinburgh
    London
    Berlin
    The Algarve
    Maybe Iceland again if I can afford it. I'm obsessed with the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Nice work!

Another one to add to the list - continue to get irrationally pissed off at HMRC for taxing the arse off me whilst simultaneously continue to fail to understand tax codes and why more money seems to translate to "less, actually" once my salary comes through.

I'm also still in the office so sod that work/life balance bullsh1t too.

Advertisement