Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching in Ireland (from France)

Options
  • 04-01-2018 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    I am currently a teacher of Economics and Social Sciences in France. My wife and I would like to go in Ireland as soon as possible. But I must say I have a lot of questions about how I could work there. I hope you'll be able to help me.
    I read on the Teaching Council's website I have to register. I think I fulfill the requirements, considering I have a Master-level degree in Economics, Sociology and Politics and a teacher education qualification. What other requirements could I be asked ? How could I prove my fluency in English ? I have lived for a year in Ireland, between 2011 and 2012.
    How long would I have to wait to be registered ? Would I have to pay something ?
    If and when I get registered, how and where do I look for a job ?
    And when I found a job, how secure is it ? In France, teaching positions are particularly secure: basically you cannot be fired, except in extreme cases. Is it the same in Ireland ?
    Moreover, besides teaching, do you have any idea about other jobs I could apply for ?
    Thanks very much for your help.

Advertisement