Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters in management (Mim)

Options
  • 04-01-2018 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi just wanted to know does anyone have any experience with the masters in management courses, specifically throughout Europe, the closest to this in Ireland is CEMS (Mim) in Smurfit. It's quite a new degree and only been around the last few years, so I can't find anyone who has done it in Ireland or otherwise, but if someone is currently in the CEMS course in Smurfit they were probably looking at other options abroad. Everything I can find about it tells me that it should be quite a good course to get a quick leg up in my career, just finished undergraduate B&L in Ucd, but because no one else I know is doing anything that's not Law, Accounting or Finance (Seriously 90% of my course is doing it) so I don't even have a reference point for someone that's thinking outside the box on something different and how they are approaching it. It's also quite hard to get into the good ones which I am targeting, financial times has a very good ranking on them. I need to do a GMAT as well over the next 10 weeks or so for my application. My mam is worried that it's not going to be what I want and thinks I'm better off just getting a job straight out, but she really just wants me to talk to someone who has done it. Career guidance haven't been too good either as they either haven't a clue specifically about Mim and just think its normal masters in management or they only know about the Smurfit CEMS one. I also was speaking to Smurfit admissions but I doubt I can get into CEMS, since I need languages for that and they don't know anything about the other ones throughout Europe. So if anyone knows anything about the course, the difficulty getting in, or even just the GMAT it would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement