Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canyon Endurace

Options
  • 04-01-2018 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

I'm considering the above model but the sizing is throwing me off. My bike fitter recommends a size S, the geometry chart has me at size M and the rep on canyon chat first said M then S later which only made me more confused.

Anyhow- if anyone in North Dublin/Meath area owns a Endurace in size M, would you kindly let me jump on the bike for a minute just to see how it is for size?

Apologies for being so forward and very hopeful! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Not sure if it is any good to you but have one in Athlone if you are in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Get In There

THE ALM wrote: »
    Not sure if it is any good to you but have one in Athlone if you are in the area.

Thanks Alm, I may revisit your kind offer if an offer from an Endurace owner in Dublin/Meath doesn't materialise.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

Hi,

I work in the city centre and live northside of Dublin city if that's any use to you.

For what it's worth I have the medium Endurace and my measurements are approximately the following:
    Height 181cm
    Inseam 83cm

I'm no expert, but the medium size seems ok to me. I contacted Canyon who said I was on the cusp between small and medium, but for comfort the medium would be better, especially as there would be very little seat post extension on the small, which would mean less "give" in the seat post.

If location suits please let me know. Either way best of luck with the decision.

Hi,

I work in the city centre and live northside of Dublin city if that's any use to you.

For what it's worth I have the medium Endurace and my measurements are approximately the following:
    Height 181cm
    Inseam 83cm

I'm no expert, but the medium size seems ok to me. I contacted Canyon who said I was on the cusp between small and medium, but for comfort the medium would be better, especially as there would be very little seat post extension on the small, which would mean less "give" in the seat post.

If location suits please let me know. Either way best of luck with the decision.

PM sent :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭H.E. Pennypacker

Likewise, I work in the St. Stephen's Green area and have a medium if you want to have a look.

Mine will be going up for sale in the next few days - keep an eye on the adds subforum if secondhand would suit.

Edit: Like you, I fell between two sizes and initially ordered the Small as that was what their sizing calculator recommended. When I got it, I realised that it would be too near the limits of its adjustment so I sent it back and got a Medium instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭devonp

Hi
    i have a Small size Endurace, i am 174cm, short legs long reach, had to swap the 100mm stem for a 120mm but that sorted everything (canyon will do the swap for free within a certain time limit), based in Leixlip. as mentioned above the seat post has certain limits if it is the VCLS gizmo type

Hi everyone thanks for your posts and for your willingness to let me jump on your bikes for size.

After having jumped on Skinnyskeleton's bike, I pretty much straight away put in an order for a size M canyon Endurace CF bike.

It's now a matter of playing the waiting game, eagerly anticipating delivery!

Once again thanks for your posts guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭micase

Also looking at one of these in aluminium, are they a comfortable bike for long distances. Looking at this a Caad 12 and a Rose Pro SL.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,535 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

CAAD is quite racy, no? more a race than endurance geometry?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Gotta be the CAAD12. If even just half the reviews are even just half accurate then they're the best bike for the money by far.

- I don't have one, but.... I'd have one. (If you know what I mean :)).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

fat bloke wrote: »
    Gotta be the CAAD12. If even just half the reviews are even just half accurate then they're the best bike for the money by far.

- I don't have one, but.... I'd have one. (If you know what I mean :)).

Yeah , Super bikes and really quick handling .Very light too. I’ve a 52cm 105 one I might have up for sale shortly. I have my eye on a new Ultegra caad 12 in acid green , so might just upgrade ....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,535 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Yeah , Super bikes and really quick handling .Very light too. I’ve a 52cm 105 one I might have up for sale shortly.....
    mod note - i will delete any such ad because i *really* don't need the temptation

(joke)

Advertisement