Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condenser Tumble Dryer bargains or recommendations

Options
  • 04-01-2018 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone point me to a Condenser Tumble Dryer that you could recommend and particularly any that have any deals on at the moment.  Ideally I want a child lockable one with moisture sensing. 

This seems to be about the best value I can find that meets all the basic criteria.

http://www.currys.ie/Product/hotpoint-aquarius-tcfs93bgp-condenser-tumble-dryer-white/333007/395.0.2

Any size from 7kg upward drum size.  I don't care about noise levels as it will be in a utility room.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

Review on the link you gave below. Don't know why they would still be selling it if it is a fire risk?

"carrie
    swords Expectant mum

Good Points+
    The dryer had all the features I was looking for at a very reasonable price
    Bad Points−
    This model of Hotpoint is a known by Hotpoint to be a fire risk. Lint can reach the heating element and catch fire. Returned mine immediately"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Vetch

Review on the link you gave below. Don't know why they would still be selling it if it is a fire risk?

"carrie
    swords Expectant mum

Good Points+
    The dryer had all the features I was looking for at a very reasonable price
    Bad Points−
    This model of Hotpoint is a known by Hotpoint to be a fire risk. Lint can reach the heating element and catch fire. Returned mine immediately"

Came across this when I was buying a tumble dryer lately. The fire risk attaches to models manufactured before September 2015. There was a recall https://www.electricalsafetyfirst.org.uk/product-recalls/2017/02/hotpoint,-indesit,-creda,-swan-and-proline-tumble-dryers/

I still didn't buy one of these machines though - seems like a very fundamental flaw!

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

any update on recommendations or deals?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭John C 1981

It really depends on what you're looking for...the things you should bear in mind are:

The size of your washing machine - there's no point in having a washing machine with a capacity of 8kg and a tumble dryer with a 6kg capacity... they should at least match.

The energy rating of the machine - if you're going to be using it a lot then you should consider going for a A+++ rated machine as it will save you money in the longer term however if you only intend to use the machine sporadically, then an A+ or A++ machine will be usually be considerably cheaper to buy.

With these in mind, check out www.pricespy.ie - you can input all these criteria and you'll get a list of the cheapest machines available.

As a personal note, I have found Power City to be the cheapest place to get the machines I was looking for on the last few occasions I needed to buy them - and they have been prepared to give me a further €30 or so off their advertised prices for cash. It may not work all the time but definitely worth asking.

Advertisement