Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ETB Course Bullying Policy

Options
  • 04-01-2018 2:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Does anyone know the bullying policy for etb students? There is only a staff policy online. In the event of a tutor bullying a student.

TIA,
    Chris.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Most ETBs have very robust anti-bullying policies. They are usually on their main website.

If you are not clear whether it applies to staff/student, email them and see, but generally a professional code of conduct would cover that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ChrisD89

spurious wrote: »
    Most ETBs have very robust anti-bullying policies. They are usually on their main website.

If you are not clear whether it applies to staff/student, email them and see, but generally a professional code of conduct would cover that.

I am having a dispute at the moment. A tutor tried to physically fight me and shouted abuse at me and it was totally unprovoked he was just in a bad mood.

It was reported to the manager of the contracted company who in turn did nothing about it. I approached him and asked why there was nothing done about it and he told me he was unaware (which is untrue because i was confronted the following day because it was reported) and he wanted to have a meeting on Monday coming with another manager of the contracted company.

I in turn phoned ETB and asked the course manager to be present at the meeting. The whole situation is causing stress and anxiety. And I think he only wanted to have a meeting 2v1 to bully me into a corner.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

For any meeting, bring someone else with you as a witness.
    You do not have to tell them who the person is.

Advertisement