Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time Delays M50 Southbound

Options
  • 04-01-2018 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi all, apologies if this has been posted several times before but I cant see any current info. I need to be in Leopardstown at 9am one of the days next week, coming in from Mullingar (N4)and Im wondering if anybody can give me a rough idea how long of a delay to expect between Lucan and my destination? I am hearing mixed reports on how long this is likely to take so any help would be apreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Actually it's not that bad as you might think. I leave Blanchardstown at 8 and get to Carrickmines about 8.35.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

amtc wrote: »
    Actually it's not that bad as you might think. I leave Blanchardstown at 8 and get to Carrickmines about 8.35.

Is that Saturday or Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

Lucan to Carrickmines on a weekday morning will be an approximately 30-50min journey dependant on incidents, volumes, etc. In your case, suggest you aim to be joining the M50S at Liffey Valley at ~8am to be reasonably sure of getting to Carrickmines with time to spare for your 9am. And tune into Dublin City FM 103.2 as you're approaching the Pale for regular M50 journey times & incident reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

You also have to consider how close your destination is to the motorway junction slip road, and what congestion you might encounter reaching your ultimate destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TheCelticWizard

I was thinking I'd need to allow an hour just to be 100% sure. Thanks a lot for all the replies guys, it's a big help to be able to put a timeframe on it. Happy New Year all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

tabbey wrote: »
    amtc wrote: »

Is that Saturday or Sunday?

Monday to Friday! Mind you i live just beside on ramp at junction 6 and am going to just off ramp at junction 15.

Coming home is a whole other story. Either leave at 4 or after 6.30

Advertisement