Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-ordered!!!

Options
  • 04-01-2018 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Ooh, interesting. Whom did you order from?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Fasttech.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Fasttech.

Is the battery included?

I had 2 of the original Pico, nice little mod but they became a bit redundant when I started using tanks beyond the 22mm. Funnily enough it was Mike Vapes sold me on the original too.

A few niggles I didn't like about the original I can see still present with this version: That battery cap, eurgh! Can be a right pain in the hole at times if you don't get it perfect, you end up fiddling about trying to get it to settle on the threads. The up/down buttons on the base, never liked that - with the original I could understand, it was to keep the mod tiny, which was the main attraction. You could stick the old Pico in just about any pocket, it's charm was it's size. In a way this one doesn't make sense, it's a lot chunkier/bigger all-round, and you're going to use larger tanks. I don't see it being so pocket friendly anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Might get one of these myself, similar enough to the pico that she'll never know I've been spending more money.

Let us know how you get on with it.

Is the battery included?

I had 2 of the original Pico, nice little mod but they became a bit redundant when I started using tanks beyond the 22mm. Funnily enough it was Mike Vapes sold me on the original too.

A few niggles I didn't like about the original I can see still present with this version: That battery cap, eurgh! Can be a right pain in the hole at times if you don't get it perfect, you end up fiddling about trying to get it to settle on the threads. The up/down buttons on the base, never liked that - with the original I could understand, it was to keep the mod tiny, which was the main attraction. You could stick the old Pico in just about any pocket, it's charm was it's size. In a way this one doesn't make sense, it's a lot chunkier/bigger all-round, and you're going to use larger tanks. I don't see it being so pocket friendly anymore.

There is an option to buy with a battery for an extra $5.

The top cap: I agree with, drives me insane and am baffled they never addressed it.

Buttons on bottom: I like, makes the mod look very clean cut. Besides, you set the wattage/temp you want and forget about it unless you change tanks or whatever.

Size difference: Is minimal, they are near identical.
    Width 51mm vs 45mm
    Height 77mm vs 75mm
    Depth 26mm vs 23mm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

There is an option to buy with a battery for an extra $5.

The top cap: I agree with, drives me insane and am baffled they never addressed it.

Buttons on bottom: I like, makes the mod look very clean cut. Besides, you set the wattage/temp you want and forget about it unless you change tanks or whatever.

Size difference: Is minimal, they are near identical.
    Width 51mm vs 45mm
    Height 77mm vs 75mm
    Depth 26mm vs 23mm

Slightly bigger pocket then :D

Haha yeah, but still pocket friendly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Not a fan of the pick after the connection became loose in the mod and the thing started auto firing.

Advertisement