Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premade curtains

Options
  • 03-01-2018 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Any advice on where to buy and how to measure premade curtains? We've not moved in yet but will be in the house next week and want to measure up and see if we can avoid the cost of getting them made.

If the width of the window is 2.25m would a pair of 2.75m wide curtain be enough? Can you get curtains pre made that are wider? I'll measure the length too - which I think should be easier to assess.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Vetch

Doing this myself at the moment. I was told to measure the length of the pole, not the width of the window, but exclude any decorative finials at the ends which the curtains don't cover. When measuring the drop if you're going for eyelet curtains measure from the top of the pole to wherever you want the curtain to end. If going for pleat curtains, measure from the bottom of the ring to wherever curtain is to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I don't have a pole yet either so I don't have a set height or width.

What sizes do premade curtains come in?

Where has a good selection of wider full length curtains?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

GingerLily wrote: »
    I don't have a pole yet either so I don't have a set height or width.

What sizes do premade curtains come in?

Where has a good selection of wider full length curtains?

2.25m is approx 89 inches so if you get curtains that are (each) 90 inches wide I imagine that would look nice and drapey.
    I'd have a look in Hickeys home focus, Ikea and Next. The biggest "standard" size I have bought are 90 x 90 inch. These were big enough to cover my sliding patio doors at the back.

I think Ikea curtains come a little bit longer than standard but are handy enough to hem to correct length if required.

Advertisement