Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on retro fit of plumbing in a 4 bedroom house

Options
  • 03-01-2018 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I bought a new house and its in a bit of a state. I am Planning on getting all plumbing and electrics re-done. I am a electrician so will be doing the electrics myself and getting a plumber in.

I am planning on putting 3 en suites in and am going to rent two ensuite rooms and a double room.

I have a choice between oil or tank gas. Calor are currently have a offer for a free boiler if you sign up with them. If anybody has pros and cons of either.

This brings me to the en-suites and if I should go with electric showers or ordinary as I am worried about there not being enough water in tank and arguments starting if someone puts the water on and somebody else uses it. I know that you can only run one electric show at a time but I would be able to wire it so only one comes on at a time or is there rules against having more than two in a house.
    Thanks and if anything needs cleared up just message.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

I'd be going for gas heating unless you can put your Kerosense/Diesel tank into a locked garage outside as unless you are in the property 24/7 you can be sure that some scumbag will steal your oil and possibly wreck the tank at the same time.

Advertisement