Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Aldi sell quinoa?

Options
  • 03-01-2018 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

I was just wondering if anybody knows if Aldi sells quinoa and if so, how much does it cost?

I normally buy it in bulk from Amazon but I would rather buy it locally if I had the option and if the price was competitive. I was speaking to my aunt who lives in the UK on the phone yesterday and she says that they have always stocked it in her local Aldi but I have never noticed it here.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

They have it, but I've no idea how much they charge for it. It's in the same section as the lentils and dried beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Lazy Bhoy

Cheers Shenshen,

I don't know how I have never noticed that before. I will take a look next time I am down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,392 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

It's about €1.99 iirc. Think there's 500g in the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Lazy Bhoy wrote: »
    I was just wondering if anybody knows if Aldi sells quinoa and if so, how much does it cost?

I normally buy it in bulk from Amazon but I would rather buy it locally if I had the option and if the price was competitive. I was speaking to my aunt who lives in the UK on the phone yesterday and she says that they have always stocked it in her local Aldi but I have never noticed it here.

Is it grown locally as in in Ireland? Reason I ask is when you say locally do you mean possibly an Irish product or just for convenience when passing. Don't know much about it but as with most things it can be grown here but harvesting at correct quality is the issue

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Mooooo wrote: »
    Is it grown locally as in in Ireland? Reason I ask is when you say locally do you mean possibly an Irish product or just for convenience when passing. Don't know much about it but as with most things it can be grown here but harvesting at correct quality is the issue

Its not grown locally. Basically all of it sold here would be Bolivian or Peruvian.

The growing season is possibly too short for it here, but considering the other crop we transplanted from about the same area (the potato), it could be possible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Lazy Bhoy

Mooooo wrote: »

Sorry for the late reply but I have been offline for a few days.

I just meant buying it locally for convenience. I currently buy it from Amazon in bulk (5kg bag) but sometimes the packaging arrives damaged and I have to return it.

Advertisement