Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCSE or Another MCSA

Options
  • 02-01-2018 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Looking for advice, I am currently working in IT 19 months now. Doing level 1-2 work.
    I have a MCSA server 2012 R2 that is due to expire in December this year. Should I do a MCSE which would not be relevant to the work I am doing or do a MCSA in office 365 which would be more relevant to my work now. I am not sure what would best stand to me for my next Job. Barely touched on the server stuff work wise so forget most of it. If I do the MCSE it may be a waste right now.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Wow this place has gone quiet.
    On further research I have found out that my MCSA with not expire. For some reason I had it in my head it was expiring this December. Anyway, I have decided to the the MCSA office 365. Can anyone recommend the best videos to watch, books to read? etc

Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

No employer gives a toss about the "expiry" - its only an issue for any form of certification building and as this isn't Cisco, its really not an issue at all.

Do the different technology. Server 2012 to 2016 is basically identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Has anyone done the MCSA Office 365? Can they recommend study materials?

Advertisement