Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rte player in america

Options
  • 02-01-2018 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭

Can you watch the rte player in the states?

Comments

if you use a vpn service offering a location in Ireland it should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Short answer is yes you can. Some stuff is blocked but you can watch the news and other programmes like fair city I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭cena

Short answer is yes you can. Some stuff is blocked but you can watch the news and other programmes like fair city I think.

Mrs brown boys??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

cena wrote: »
    Mrs brown boys??

Have a feeling it’d be blocked but not certain about it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,152 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

cena wrote: »
    Mrs brown boys??

:O

Don’t give Trump another excuse to push the button! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,535 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's geo blocked outside Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

They should put a globe icon on the programmes on the RTE Player which can be streamed for free worldwide (and not just in Ireland). There are some which can be watched far away but you can't tell until you click on them from outside Ireland.

I don't see any easy way to tell what can or can't, and there have been shows which I have wanted to recommend to people living abroad but you can never tell if they can stream it or not.

Advertisement