Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condenser tumble dryer - which model can do "bone dry"?

Options
  • 02-01-2018 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Do you have a condenser dryer that can achieve "bone dry"?

We couldn't achieve "bone dry" results with the washer-dryer combo models we had so far.
    I'm hoping buying two separate machines will improve the results, but I'm reading that for real "bone dry" results you'd need a vented dryer. (our house does not support vented tumble dryers)

If your condenser can do "bone dry", please let me know which model it is.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

xboxdad wrote: »
    Hello,

Do you have a condenser dryer that can achieve "bone dry"?

We couldn't achieve "bone dry" results with the washer-dryer combo models we had so far.
    I'm hoping buying two separate machines will improve the results, but I'm reading that for real "bone dry" results you'd need a vented dryer. (our house does not support vented tumble dryers)

If your condenser can do "bone dry", please let me know which model it is.

Thank you.

Our whirlpool 6th sense has a setting called “cupboard dry”. Clothes are bone dry after it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Carrie6OD wrote: »
    Our whirlpool 6th sense has a setting called “cupboard dry”. Clothes are bone dry after it

We've a Bosch serie 4 that does the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1 w4g4m4m4

Oh by far, The Candy model I have!

I adore it... Have to part with it because i'm relocating but will sell it to you if you need one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Our Bosch Classixx 7 does Iron Dry, Cupboard Dry and Extra Dry. Works well!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,802 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

we just bought a Bosch washer dryer and the sheets I used to test the dryer function came out completely dry. It adjusts the length of the program automatically and senses when they're dry (I think). However it probably depends on the size of the load, it claims it can dry 5kg but I'd be sceptical of that.

We didn't use the dryer on our old machine all that often; it means tying up the machine for a couple of hours when there's usually more washing needs doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,394 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Any condenser dryers I’ve used can do what you want.

Washer dryers are really only useful if you don’t have space for 2 appliances. Being able to do a wash and dry in one go (overnight for example) is handy I guess, so having a washer dryer and a separate dryer would be great.

Advertisement