Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info. on a past bereavement (foreign) required

Options
  • 02-01-2018 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Who should I contact about this is my question.
    Long story short.
    Family member died in an accident on holiday in Rhodes, Greece.
    I was only a baby that time.
    No Internet back then, very very little scraps of info. on how the accident happened, no paperwork to speak of.
    Language barrier was probably a big issue.
    Relative was flown home a few weeks later I believe and coffin (casket) was not allowed to be opened (different times then)
    Always wanted to get to the bottom of this but people have parted ways and moved on etc.
    Would love some closure.
    Any help as to who to contact would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

perhaps call the Greek embassy in Dublin and they might be able to tell you who to contact and how.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

You may already have tried this, but if not, newspaper archives might be useful. Any national newspapers and a local paper if there is one in the area. Might not yield anything, but worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Skyfarm

go to the funeral home that buried him,there records should show the flight number,contact who arraigned it ,from there a foi request on dept of foriegn affairs should show the contacts,requests that was made to the greek govment

have you tried google translate? bear in mind local dialects

you will probally hit a snag unless you have or are a near realtive,best get the reasons sorted ie i was the son/daughter familly menber of deaceased and my need to know is for etc ,carrys more weight than im being curoist

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭novaboy80

Thanks everyone for your help, some great information, I will update you on any developments, thanks again, much appreciated!

Advertisement