Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi-tuner Receivers and general usage

Options
  • 02-01-2018 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just about to dump the Virgin Media and take a dive into the world of satellite TV.
    Have done a bit of research and reckon the Edision OS Mega is the one for me. Prefer this to the Formuler as the Edision has the HDD internal.

One question I have on the day to day usage of these is how the box chooses between the satellite tuners. If I am recording on one satellite tuner and want to watch something else on the other tuner, is it just a matter of selecting the channel you want or do you have to manually select tuner first?

Thanks
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

It's all automatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭DJD

It's all automatic.

Thanks Gerry,
    Thought it might be a silly question, but better to ask now rather than spending a couple of hundred euro first!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

The only silly question is the one that wasn't asked. We all have to start off somewhere :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭DJD

Hi All,

Just dredging this old thread up again to say thanks. I mightn't have asked many questions here, but the info throughout the forum was really helpful in getting my system up and running. Particularly the bit I found on how to move the dish from 19.2 to 28.2. At this stage I can find the 19.2 satellite with my eyes closed, but had great difficulty getting the 28.2 one. Found it now thanks to the tips on here

Next steps - cancel the cable :D

Cheers
    Dave

Advertisement