Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patron Saints and their traditions and traits.

Options
  • 02-01-2018 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all, 
    I am doing a research project on Patron saints and the Irish traditions that come along with it. For example the ritual of praying to St Anthony to help find missing items. I would love to hear your stories of other traditions that accrue with different Saints. 
    would be very appreciated by information big and small. Thank you :):angel:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,162 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

robynl55 wrote: »
    Hi all, 
    I am doing a research project on Patron saints and the Irish traditions that come along with it. For example the ritual of praying to St Anthony to help find missing items. I would love to hear your stories of other traditions that accrue with different Saints. 
    would be very appreciated by information big and small. Thank you :):angel:
    Minor nitpick: praying to St Anthony of Padua to intercede to assist in the recovery of lost items is not an especially Irish tradition. It's universal.

In general, the only saints who have particularly Irish traditions associated with them are the Irish saints. Fortunately for your research project, there are a great many Irish saints.

Advertisement