Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms with matted out areas suitable for martials arts

Options
  • 02-01-2018 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi I’m just wondering is there any gyms in south dublin preferably Ringsend/rathfarnham/Stephan green
    Where gyms have a matted out area for drilling or rolling please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

Tucks1994 wrote: »
    Hi I’m just wondering is there any gyms in south dublin preferably Ringsend/rathfarnham/Stephan green
    Where gyms have a matted out area for drilling or rolling please

the only one I can think of is hercules club in northside city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

unless it is a specifically a martial arts gym or the like you will likely run into gyms not allowing it due to insurance issues.

If anyone was injured the gym is liable and if they dont have specific insurance to cover martial arts that could be huge headache.

Hercules is also a wrestling club and have various other martial arts classes. You also have Fantom MMA on Moore St on the north side which is a martial arts gym. There is Wild Geese also just off Pearse St. More of a Judo club but they do various other martial arts classes. As far as I am aware though they will only allow people on the mats under a instructors supervision or as part of a class (I asked if I could do some drilling a while back and not allowed) due to insurance reasons.

Advertisement