Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Life app/Google Home integration

Options
  • 01-01-2018 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,488 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all!

I picked up a 3pack of wifi smart plugs pre christmas and have them up and running via the "Smart life" app which integrates with Google Home.
    I am now looking to add some smart bulbs to the mix.
    I see there are a slew of bulbs available that are compatible with Smart life and all seem reasonably priced.

Have any people here gone down this parricular route? Cost wise it seems to offer good value.
    Is it possible to group multiple bulbs into 1 fixture for multi bulb fittings and can these be controlled as 1 unit per fixture? Or would each need individual adjustment?

Any input would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,488 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Just to answer my own question and in case anyone here goes down a similar route.

Yes bulbs can be set up as a group in the SmartLife app and controlled via Google home.
    I have set up 4 bulbs and 3 smart sockets and the ease of use is brilliant :)
    Long with not needing a hub being a great cost-saving.

Advertisement