Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan 1, 2018

Options
  • 01-01-2018 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭

Lots of racing on today, 2 cards in Ireland and another 6 in the UK. Happy new year all!

Looking forward to Willougby Court today - not sure what heights he will reach - a lot will tell from how he performs this afternoon. Huge crowd at Cheltenham

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Mr321

Taking on the favs today at Cheltenham

Ballyandy
    Red Rising
    And a few euro on Anteros at 66/1 for a upset in that 3.10 could be anyones.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

What's in it for me 3.25 tramore

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Well thats willobouy court tapped out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

BumperD wrote: »

Harsh man Bumper, conceding weight and did well to stand up four out, I would give him another go.

Maybe im being harsh , I guess they will put him away & freshen him up for March. Will go off a bigger price for those who keep the faith. He just looked very flat footed coming round the home bend. 2lbs to sizing tenesse & 8lenghts hummmmm not great.

• Advertisement

Gold Fields could be interesting in the last, fairly sure it was 50/1 when I looked at the race yesterday and its 12/1 now, Harry Skelton booked.

It was. Was into 25/1 last night & lower in places. Really good race in store.

Maybe im being harsh , I guess they will put him away & freshen him up for March. Will go off a bigger price for those who keep the faith. He just looked very flat footed coming round the home bend. 2lbs to sizing tenesse & 8lenghts hummmmm not great.

I am waiting to look at it again but it looked like he hit it a mighty clout and he landed nearly side on to it, hopefully he is sound tomorrow.

EDIT: Not as bad as I thought, he didn't come up at it and landed diagonally

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Some punt on Clontarf in the 3.15 and a serious jockey booking without being too obvious with a big name. I'd say this boy's going to go very close.

Gary o brien put it up on atr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

Backed Old Guard in the Relkeel.

Nichols was bullish in his Betfair column and I'm hoping the wind op he was given helps him perform better on the ground.

I reckon he has the best form in the race this year, although the gamble on last year's winner is a worry.

Just saw Sutton Place is running in the 2:40, have high hopes for him looks top class.

Was going to have a few quid on him for Cheltenham but he is entered in everything apart from the mares!!

Shemale wrote: »
    Just saw Sutton Place is running in the 2:40, have high hopes for him looks top class.

Was going to have a few quid on him for Cheltenham but he is entered in everything apart from the mares!!

Seriously underwhelmed by that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Shemale wrote:
    Seriously underwhelmed by that.

Very unlikely to run at festival anyway unless it's a bog.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Stable badly out of form would be giving him another chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭hawaii501

I think Willoughby Court will be very tough to beat once it is back to the old tactics of front-running.

Will be backing him at Cheltenham wherever he goes and the better ground will definitely suit and it did clatter a fence 4 from home yesterday(surprised it stayed up).

Advertisement