Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps4 online - Advice

Options
  • 01-01-2018 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

My son got a ps4 for Christmas and is asking to play online with his friends. I didn't realise when I purchased it that it would cost extra to play online. I'm just looking for some advice. Is there anywhere to purchase an annual membership or is 7.99 a month the norm? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭ongarite

You can buy 12 month membership through the PS4 on the PS Store, icon on far left, for €60.

Also available from Argos for €55
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8101987/Trail/searchtext%3EPS+PLUS.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Esme266

Thanks very much for that! That's a big difference to 7.99 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Esme266 wrote: »
    Thanks very much for that! That's a big difference to 7.99 a month.

I got one just before Xmas for 45 in Smyth, dunno if they're still that price though.

The membership will also allow your son to get some free games too. Every month there'll be maybe 3 games available to download for free. Some months you get some really good games, but it can be a bit random. Still though, free is free and over the course of the year can help justify the cost of the annual membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The free games don't automatically get added you do need to actually go to the online store either on the PS4 or on PC, if a month comes and goes without adding them then they're gone.

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/grid/STORE-MSF75508-PLUSINSTANTGAME/1

You can see the December games here and they'll be there for a short while longer, there's also the subscriptions themselves but you're probably safer getting that from a shop if you're concerned about you credit card getting used "accidentally" to buy anything else on the PlayStation.

Advertisement