Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Cabinet for AV Equipment

Options
  • 01-01-2018 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

I'm looking for a cabinet to house a big PC, AV receiver, PS4, nVidia Shield and a few other bits. It doesn't need to be short as the TV will be mounted to the wall beside it. Ideally I'd like it to be at least 180cm tall, max 95cm wide, and around 50cm deep. Wouldn't mind to have a couple of drawers to hide all my controllers and remotes etc. I'm having no joy finding something around that spec, most units are too short and/or too narrow. I've seen some bookshelves that could work if I cut some holes in the back for cables but the max depth on those is around 30cm and I could do with a bit more for some devices to fit comfortably. A dark wood would be ideal but colour wouldn't be a deal breaker.

If any guys would have a recommendation I'd really appreciate it!

Regards,

G.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

A lot of folk on AVForums just hack IKEA stuff, the Besta range in particular is easy to manipulate and add onto.
    If you are putting a PC and Receiver into any unit you should look at active cooling as otherwise you are looking at shortening the life of your receiver in particular as they run very hot after a few hours use...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement