Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking Job in Medical Device or Pharma industry

Options
  • 31-12-2017 3:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello Everyone,

I moved to Dublin a few months back on spousal work permit. Before that I was working as a senior research analyst and quality assurance lead in medical device company in India for 5 years.
    Since past 3 months I am trying to get a job in similar experience line but unfortunately I have not been successful so far. I have floated my CV in most of the popular job seeking websites here but not been able to get the right calls so far. I could see the jobs available on the portals of the company and consultant websites with relevant skills to my profile but those don't get converted into calls for interview. In a few instances where I got the call, it could not proceed with the interview round due to stamp 4 visa requirement. However, as per department of jobs I am eligible to work in Ireland with the job offer as I can apply work permit on self sponsorship if I get the offer.

I am looking for advice / suggestions from people in the forum so that it can help me move in the right direction towards getting the job.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 newtown13

The market with regard to quality assurance jobs is quite buoyant atm.
    How is your C.V.? Have you put much time into it and got someone else to look over it?
    I cant advise you regarding the stamp 4 visa. If you have permission to work in ireland, why couldnt you proceed with the application?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cmr87

newtown13 wrote: »
    The market with regard to quality assurance jobs is quite buoyant atm.
    How is your C.V.? Have you put much time into it and got someone else to look over it?
    I cant advise you regarding the stamp 4 visa. If you have permission to work in ireland, why couldnt you proceed with the application?

Hi Newton
    Thanks for your note.

My CV is strong from the prospect of QC in medical research line as I was the production head for 5 years in India. Since I moved to Ireland on dependant visa in 2016 I was working remotely on regulatory documentation work for same company.
    I know I can work under current visa as I can self sponsor if I get offer letter from a company. (Some agencies dont get this bit and simply reject due to no stamp4)

I see a lot of QC jobs available in pharma companies particularly in D15 area so I apply, but somehow its not clicking for me atm. It could be no ptevious work ex in Ireland or m not sure what I'm doing incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 newtown13

I had issues with recruitment agencies when i was trying to get my first job out of university 12 months ago. They simply rejected me outright as i didnt fulfill their criteria and they essentially just presented yet another barrier to me getting employment. I think theyre quite blunt with who they choose to reject and just opt for those which tick more boxes. It seems to be the same case for you, they simply dont understand that you are able to work here.
    How have you found applying directly to employers?
    Perhaps you should make it abundantly clear that you are free to work in ireland when you are asked and dont reference anything about visa's if you are not asked-no point in prompting questions in their mind.

Advertisement