Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dec 31, 2017

Options
  • 30-12-2017 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭

Opening a thread. Punchestown and a few others to muse over before the year is out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Think Doug Costello will have a good day at Lingfield
    Strategic heights in a class 6 blinkers on
    Haraz should go close in his race.
    The horse he is on in the maiden is also interesting.

3.15 punchestown
    The race is sponsored by JP’s hotel and he’s a handicap debutante in it.
    Would be no surprise to see it win on the snaff.
    She’s made it 6/1
    Was 6th of 20 on debut and travelled well into race, then showed nothing in its next two races but like so many in these silks will no doubt improve a ton for a handicap.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭justincasey

lingfield 11.40 Captain Pugwash stopped dead in his tracks 3 days ago in a messy race hoping goes one better today upped in trip. NR

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

3.15 punchestown
    She’s made it 6/1
    Was 6th of 20 on debut and travelled well into race, then showed nothing in its next two races but like so many in these silks will no doubt improve a ton for a handicap.

Down to 4/1. Appears to be the only horse with any money going for it in this race.

My bet of the day is at Lingfield 12.10
    Precious silk @ 9/1
    Have a look at its last run which was it’s racecourse debut,broke well and was extremely keen on the front end and still ran well to the line considering those exertions and finished 3rd. The 2nd horse is a decent guide to what is needed in this type of race and I expect precious silk to have improved quite a bit for that run and for her small stable should prove tough to catch.
    If the horse was trained by a big stable it would be fav on the back of that run.

Others I like
    Lingfield
    11.40 groundfrost 6/1
    12.40 ojala 7/4
    1.15 celestial spheres 3/1
    1.45 mystique moon 2/1
    2.15 strategic heights 7/1
    2.50 haraz 11/4

2.25 Uttoxeter arctic gold 7/4

Warwick 2.05 flashjack 7/2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

3.15 punchestown
    She’s made it 6/1

Good spot, some money for it but now non runner, shame.

Surely worth taking on Le Rocher at 1/10 in three horse race, dutched the other two 13:35 race

Shemale wrote: »
    Surely worth taking on Le Rocher at 1/10 in three horse race, dutched the other two 13:35 race

Worth a go, Scudamore must have shat himself and the crowd booed Le Rocher crossing the line, pity there wasn't a fence closer to the line.

Would have been funny if he got turned over a horse running his first race over fences at those odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

That was some performance by Killultagh Vic considering he jumped absolutely appallingly.

Johner wrote: »
    That was some performance by Killultagh Vic considering his jumped absolutely appallingly.

Was about to post the same, serious player at Cheltenham wherever he gos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

If he jumps like that at cheltenham he has zero chance. I’d hope he was just shaking off the cobwebs or they were going too slow for him.

It looked like he didn’t do much schooling, was just fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

KV is a different beast over fences. Impossible to know if he'll stay fit or where he'll go though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Panrich

Urbanist a horse that never troubled the judge in 8 previous outings was backed in to 3/1 favourite there and hosed up. It would be interesting to hear what connections make of the gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

3 winning units of the Pick 6.

961k pool

3 winning units of the Pick 6.

961k pool

I had the first 3 winners and was a bit annoyed in the 4 th when veneer of charm won as Elliott seemed to fancy him in his blog and I took chance with warnaq.
    Never would have got return to vendor in the 5th tho.

My bet of the day is at Lingfield 12.10
    Precious silk @ 9/1
    Have a look at its last run which was it’s racecourse debut,broke well and was extremely keen on the front end and still ran well to the line considering those exertions and finished 3rd. The 2nd horse is a decent guide to what is needed in this type of race and I expect precious silk to have improved quite a bit for that run and for her small stable should prove tough to catch.
    If the horse was trained by a big stable it would be fav on the back of that run.

Others I like
    Lingfield
    11.40 groundfrost 6/1
    12.40 ojala 7/4
    1.15 celestial spheres 3/1
    1.45 mystique moon 2/1
    2.15 strategic heights 7/1
    2.50 haraz 11/4

2.25 Uttoxeter arctic gold 7/4

Warwick 2.05 flashjack 7/2

3 winners , 3 runners up and 2 unplaced.
    Precious silk was restrained and keen, jockey looked unbalanced on her,when she is allowed to bowl along in similar contest she should go close.
    Strategic ran into a well handicapped horse and haraz was unlucky not to get up.
    Mystique moon looked in need of the run, ground Frost is an enigma and will not back again.

Advertisement