Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiger 800 (opinions?)

Options
  • 30-12-2017 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

Debating heading to UK to buy one in Jan.
    Any experience of them?
    I'm a skinny short arse.. but sure they're lightweight and can be lowered..
    Had v strom 1000 before and loved the riding position but found it just too big and top heavy for me...Tiger 800 seems to fit the bill...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,149 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Zipppy wrote: »
    Debating heading to UK to buy one in Jan.
    Any experience of them?
    I'm a skinny short arse.. buy sure they're lightweight and can be lowered..
    Had v strom 1000 before and loved the rising position but found it just too big and top heavy for me...Tiger 800 seems to fit the bill...

What bike are you coming from.
    The 800 is decent enough.
    I found it a little down on power.
    I'd take the 1050 over it any day of the week.
    More solid on the road and sportier on the bends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

blade1 wrote:
    What bike are you coming from. The 800 is decent enough. I found it a little down on power. I'd take the 1050 over it any day of the week. More solid on the road and sportier on the bends.

I'm too shortarse for a 1050.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,149 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I think you can get a lower seat for it.
    Mine had lowering links on it when I bought it and i wouldn't have considered it tall.

Btw, I have had plenty of bikes where I was on my tippy toes and it wouldn't bother me.

Still though, nothing too wrong with the 800.
    Good all-rounder.

Gave my brother a loan of my 1050 one day and after he went off and bought one himself.
    3ho4m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Have a 2015 Tiger 800 XRT here for the past 4 months and think it's great. Test rode a couple of BM's and Yamahas before getting this, and found it was a great combination of things that suited me. I use it for commuting, and it was most comfortable of the lot, enough power for me, and great spec on them for extra bits. I'm 5'9 and have the seat adjusted to lower and think it's fine. There is an XR-Low spec which has same lowered seat plus lowered suspension, so you should be able to find something to suit.

I havent tried the VStrom but a lot of people will still say the 800 is top-heavy, personally havent found it a problem. I do plenty of slow speed filtering around town and found it fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lcarr88

Looking at purchasing a tiger 800 in the uk myself just wondering any luck with purchasing one yet

• Advertisement
Advertisement