Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mattress

Options
  • 30-12-2017 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping to buy a new good quality mattress - maybe king koil or The Natural Sleep Company ?

any recommendations ? which is better ?

looked in Harvey Norman - pretty expensive. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

harry999 wrote: »
    I'm hoping to buy a new good quality mattress - maybe king koil or The Natural Sleep Company ?

any recommendations ? which is better ?

looked in Harvey Norman - pretty expensive. Thanks
    Honestly avoid HN..seriously overpriced.
    Bigmickey.ie
    Mattress Mick
    Comfort Bed Outlet

Where are you located?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Vetch

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057307031

Thread here where someone from bigmickey.ie answers about their stock. Think you always need to go try out the mattress though rather than asking opinions about which brand is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

Payton wrote: »
    Bigmickey.ie
    *Chortle*

On the lookout too but there is no way I'm visiting that URL! :eek:

shaunr68 wrote: »
    *Chortle*

On the lookout too but there is no way I'm visiting that URL! :eek:

Its a real company based in Longford with a great range of beds and mattresses.
    I recently bought my bed (base, mattress and headboard) from the Comfort outlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭harry999

I'm based in Dublin city - I also would have to try mattress before buying... so would not buy straight from a website.

The King Koil 5 Ft is about 1100 at the moment on their sale + base 350 + headboard 150.

Anybody know of king koil price better than this ? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

+1 for BigMickey

We wouldn't have to think twice to recommend, 3 doubles, 1 single bed and 2 double headboards so far. Saved a small fortune. Well worth a jaunt to Longford to save a few hundred euro.

The last double we ordered at 2pm and it was delivered to Co Kildare by 6 that day!

Like any website they are only there to show you the products that they have. Its worth putting the driving time in to go testing and trying them out and seeing whats on offer.
    Two things in life worth spending money on. A good pair of shoes and a good bed, because if your not in one...your in the other!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭harry999

Hi went into Harvey Norman again today - for 1520 euro will get:

King koil Jubilee 5 FT mattress (1000 euro)
    Tailored base with 4 drawers (350 euro)
    5 FT headboard ( 170 euro)

I must confirm tomorrow - but will probably go with this...

Or any better offers out there.. Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

Graham wrote: »
    +1 for BigMickey

We wouldn't have to think twice to recommend, 3 doubles, 1 single bed and 2 double headboards so far. Saved a small fortune. Well worth a jaunt to Longford to save a few hundred euro.

The last double we ordered at 2pm and it was delivered to Co Kildare by 6 that day!

Hi Graham

Thanks for the recommendation. Glad to see you appear with your purchases.

Happy New Year

Regards

Mick

• Advertisement
Advertisement