Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freaky.....

Options
  • 30-12-2017 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭

So when tomorrow ends it will bring in 2018...
    That means grand theft auto vice city will be 16 years old.
    Of course being released in 2002 but set in 1986 it means that the same amount of time has passed since the games launch and when the game was set.

1986 > 2002 > 2018.

Arghhhhhhh. I feel old now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They should go back there for VI.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Vice City. Plenty of cracking tunes in that game.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I remember playing it for the first time and I heard Raining Blood come on the radio and I jumped around the flat for joy (I am obviously a massive Slayer fan). I had time off work and played it incessantly. So much so that I saw the city whizzing by in the carpet when I finally called it a night after day 1.

Haven't played it since release, remember being super hyped for it and not being let down. Picked it up on sale fro ps4 the other night and the smile on my face was something when video killed the radio star came on the loading screen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I played VC recently on PS3 and early impressions are not as dazzling as it was at the time of release, on the PS2.
    But, that's unfair on the titles importance both on release and over the decade that followed.
    I would love to see a new title set in VC for the next game, but then I would also love to see a new title set in 60's London, as in the GTA semi-sequel from waaaay back.
    I think there's room for a globe trotting title too, spanning say Nice/Paris, HK, NYC and so on, live out all of my carchase movie fantasies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm not sure I see the appeal in going back to Vice City. It's the best GTA game IMO, but it wasn't just the location, but the time. The 80's and Vice City were a match made in heaven. I can't see them going back to the 80's with it again though, they're way more likely to stick to present day. Which means Vice City becomes to GTA6 what San Andreas was to GTAV... Just a location.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I don't need them to go back. VC was awesome but a game of it's time I guess. The soundtrack played a huge part in the appeal as well. I wonder if they'd go Asian for the next one. One of the few styles left

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Probably had a bigger impact because rockstar had been using cheap songs before finally forking over for licensing the big hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

My favourite game of all time but it didn't age well unfortunately. I long for a remake or a revisit to that world.

What worries me is the success of GTA's online component. Will they just tack a single player game onto a fleshed out multiplayer experience for future releases?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Tuco88

Ha GTA london now that takes me back "Your brown bread" was the "wasted" love to see a return to that setting.

Anyone remember "The getaway" i enjoyed that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Tuco88 wrote: »
    Anyone remember "The getaway" i enjoyed that.

I remember it. It was garbage. Nice looking garbage but still a boring slog to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I remember it. It was garbage. Nice looking garbage but still a boring slog to play.

I played that... Finished the whole game and found it super hard, because I had only one life for whole level, where are all health packs?! And then I learned while messing around that you need to stand next to a wall to regenerate health. Never played it again.

Ya, it had a health system like that alright.I enjoyed it beacuse it was somthing different after the great gta 3 also the cars were common EU makes. Being a fan of the early Drive series...

Anyone remember...

Body Harvest on the N64 and the Destruction Derby series?

I remember destruction Derby 2. Great game although very difficult. I remember as well it had an Irish character who was depicted in the manual as some kind of mongoloid

I still have a copy for the ps1 its a double disc box. I also have the follow up if you can remember destruction derby raw not as good ok but nothing like 2.

Advertisement