Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking boots/shoes recommendation needed please..

Options
  • 30-12-2017 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭

Hi. Looking to get new walking boots/shoes. I walk most days, not hill walking. Terrain is a cross between dry and wet beach, marshy ground, and rough and smooth grassy ground. Currently wear a pair of clarke's outdoor shoes in the spring/summer/autumn and wellies in the winter. The shoes are on their last legs after a few years and lots of wear, and the wellies while waterproof in winter are not ideal. Suffer from back and hip pain off and on. So looking for something lightweight and comfortable that can be worn all year round, waterproof and with good grip. Not sure but I'd imagine boots would probably suit better than shoes. I don't mind paying for a good pair as shoes usually last me for years. I can buy online if savings are to be made. I'm usually a size 10. All recommendations and advice welcome. Thanks.

Forgot to say I am near Letterkenny and Derry. Mountain Warehouse is also an option as it's in Letterkenny now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 fonkalei

Hi

The best hiking shoes Ive ever had and lasted for a long while were my Columbias. I did look after them well though - using protective spray and brushing off dirt and debris after every hike.

I've recently bought some trail running sneakers which are well cushioned and lightweight but not waterproof. Boots are generally heavier.

This site reviews the top hiking shoes and trail running sneakers - so have a look and see what suits you best https://m.outdoorgearlab.com/topics/shoes-and-boots/best-hiking-shoes

Advertisement