Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

StarWars Battlefront2 / EA / X-Box live

Options
  • 30-12-2017 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭

Can anyone advise? My son bought Star Wars Battlefront 2 for the X-box 1, but he is unable to play online. He has an EA account but it is looking for payment. He tried on my login, bear in mind that mine is for parental control only and I don't have X-box live, he has the Gold membership, yet mine works no problem. I don't pay for EA (as I'm not a gamer), but I have an account.

I will log in later and check both account details and see if they match.

Comments

Can anyone advise? My son bought Star Wars Battlefront 2 for the X-box 1, but he is unable to play online. He has an EA account but it is looking for payment. He tried on my login, bear in mind that mine is for parental control only and I don't have X-box live, he has the Gold membership, yet mine works no problem. I don't pay for EA (as I'm not a gamer), but I have an account.

I will log in later and check both account details and see if they match.
    Yes I have fallen foul of this too. Under 13's are blocked from playing online. There is no way around it. Basically it's all down to COPA, U.S legislation to protect children online. Rather than have to adhere to stringent rules in order to comply with the legislation, they simply block under 13's.

EA claim it is an EA policy, but there are other EA games that work fine based on your parental control settings, including Pegi 18 games. So it seems to be down to the developers Dice or some other party involved in development decisions.

Ironically, EA claim it is in the interest of child protection but actually what they are doing is encouraging you to setup an adult account and lie about your childs DOB. Its got nothing to do with child protection and everything to do with dodging their obligation to comply with COPA, which if implemented properly allows granular parental controls such as blocking communication.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yes I have fallen foul of this too. Under 13's are blocked from playing online. There is no way around it. Basically it's all down to COPA, U.S legislation to protect children online. Rather than have to adhere to stringent rules in order to comply with the legislation, they simply block under 13's.

EA claim it is an EA policy, but there are other EA games that work fine based on your parental control settings, including Pegi 18 games. So it seems to be down to the developers Dice or some other party involved in development decisions.

Ironically, EA claim it is in the interest of child protection but actually what they are doing is encouraging you to setup an adult account and lie about your childs DOB. Its got nothing to do with child protection and everything to do with dodging their obligation to comply with COPA, which if implemented properly allows granular parental controls such as blocking communication.

That's pretty s***ty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I had to set new EA accounts for my two lads making them 16 it worked after that not a probs. I'm sure I created new Xbox accounts for them also to make them 16 as well. Decided not to go with 18, what frustrated me was it didn't give any explanation on why they were blocked if they said user is too young to play this game then you could sort it out. But no you are left hanging :mad:

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    I had to set new EA accounts for my two lads making them 16 it worked after that not a probs. I'm sure I created new Xbox accounts for them also to make them 16 as well. Decided not to go with 18, what frustrated me was it didn't give any explanation on why they were blocked if they said user is too young to play this game then you could sort it out. But no you are left hanging :mad:
    I just let them play on my account, a rare exception just for star wars. Such a pity. This and the loot crate debacle have tainted what is otherwise an absolutely fantastic game. And stunning looking on the X.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Cheers for that. It must be his X-box live that has his age correct, smart ass changed his EA to DOB 1990....

• Advertisement
Advertisement