Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 65 to Ballyknockan

Options
  • 29-12-2017 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi, all. I am looking at a summer trip on the 65 bus to Ballyknockan. I intend to probably get the 17:30 from Poolbeg Street to Ballyknockan. Then I will take the return 19:30 trip and get off at Blessington (or Ballymore) for dinner and then I will get a later 65 back to town. Does the 19:30 65 from Ballyknockan go via Ballymore? Where's best to get off for dinner? All feedback appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭DUBLINBUSGUY

Also, does anyone know the bus stop numbers of the stops in Ballyknockan and Ballymore? I need to know these so I can put them in on a-b.ie to plan the trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

7208 in Ballymore and 7264 in Ballyknockan search the DB app

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭tnegun

Balyknockan bus doesn't travel via Ballymore so its one or the other take the trip to Ballyknockan and then back to Blessington grab something to eat and catch a later bus back from Blessington

Thanks for the replies. I'm gonna get the bus to Ballyknockan and then get off at Blessington on the way back and then I will get a later bus to town.

Stephen15 wrote: »
    7208 in Ballymore and 7264 in Ballyknockan search the DB app

Thanks, Stephen15 for the bus stop numbers. Is Stop 7264 the Ballyknockan terminus?

Also, I went on Google Maps and I found that at the terminus there is a little shack/hut. Is that a toilet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Thanks, Stephen15 for the bus stop numbers. Is Stop 7264 the Ballyknockan terminus?

Also, I went on Google Maps and I found that at the terminus there is a little shack/hut. Is that a toilet?

It's the only stop that comes up when you search Ballyknockan but I'm not exactly sure

• Registered Users Posts: 21,425 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Stephen15 wrote: »
    It's the only stop that comes up when you search Ballyknockan but I'm not exactly sure

I'm not sure what it is but it's certainly not a toilet. I park there quite often to start walks in the area, so if it was a toilet, we'd have made use of it.

sugarman wrote: »
    Theres only 2 buses per day to Ballyknockan, so if you get the 5.30pm bus.. it takes an hour and 45mins. Then the only return bus is the same bus after the driver takes his 15min break and turns around to start a return route. Sometimes the bus is pulled from service and can leave you stuck.. and as I said theres nothing in Ballyknockan other than 1 pub. Its not a place you want to be stuck or left waiting.

Id really suggest going to Ballymore on a Saturday if you can, as theres 7 buses per day and theres a few things to do and see around the village.

Hi, sugarman. I am going to do the Ballymore run on Sunday. I'm still going to do Ballyknockan but in the Summer.

Advertisement