Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No email confirmation for order, should I be worried

Options
  • 29-12-2017 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭

Found a few great deals online from a well known retailer on Tuesday evening. Tried to place an order online but it kept saying they were having technical issues. Tried again Wednesday, same thing. Rang customer service and they said they'd put the order through for me. The lady taking the details seemed a bit clueless about what she was doing. One example would be that for my address she asked for my county and nothing else! She didn't exactly fill me with confidence. At the end she took my email and said I'd have a confirmation email in a few minutes.

Yesterday afternoon, after still not receiving the email, I rang back. The man I was speaking to said he had no idea why the email hadn't come, but the order looked okay. Still no email today, the tracking on the website can't locate my order number, and the money hasn't left my bank account. I will be very disappointed if I don't get the items I ordered. Should I be contacting them again, or should I leave it be as they are surely processing an awful lot of orders at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

I would contact again just to be sure.

There could be a few reasons.

Possibly (as with my site) customer emails cannot be edited, if the lady who took your order wasn't to sure of what she was doing, she possibly entered your email address incorrectly.

Their manual ordering system may not be synced to their online orders, so that could be why you don't see it.

A lot of companies do not take payment until the order is processed (it's easier in case there are any issues with order/stock)

But give them a call again, try and get a reference number of them and a postal tracking number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Thank you very much. I'll give them a ring in the morning if customer service are working. I don't want to be a nuisance, but most of the order is for gifts and I wouldn't be able to afford them at full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Don't think of yourself being a nuisance to them, if they have any sort of a decent customer service dept, they will want to get you fixed as soon as possible.

Another way to look at it (from a customer service point) is that the sooner you are happy, the sooner you stop contacting them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Sounds odd but call them again. Depending on the company they may not take the money until the order leaves the warehouse - boots are one company who do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Definitely contact them again tomorrow. There really could be a multitude of reasons. Fingers crossed it will all work out

• Advertisement
Advertisement