Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Royal Rumble 2018

Options
  • 29-12-2017 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hey Guys

Just wondering who everyone's favourite for the rumble this year? A lot see Cena or Reigns as the favorites, in which case....may result in me taking a long break from watching WWE, but nonetheless it promises to be a good rumble. I'd like to see Nakamura or Balor winning, but not expecting any miracles.

Looking forward to Womens Rumble too, expecting askua or paige to win.

Who has everyone favored for both rumbles?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Honestly if Roman doesn’t win it will be more of a shock than Brock beating Taker for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rabzii

If Roman wins and Vince brings back the XFL....I am done!! :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The Fear is they go too hard on Roman and he wins, Peoples secondary hope seems to be Nakamura to set up him vs Styles at Mania while the Cena thing has to be the potential of building to him challenging to break Flairs record at Mania but that would have him 3rd fav not 1st as he apparently is.

That reminds me maybe we should try to avoid or at least spoiler betting odds going forward. They will swing a lot but closer to the event they are more often than not on the money.

Asuka has to win the Woman's rumble for me.

Haven't been getting as many surprise entrants in recent years, hope we get one or two this year.

The way they are having Finn battle the jobbers it would be typical WWE logic to have him win it after weeks and months of beating the Miztourage over and over again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

There's a twisted part of me that really wants Roman to win and face Brock for the universal title while still intercontinental champion. I don't know why but I do.

If the Ronda Rousey rumours are true and she enters I can see her winning and challenging Charlotte flair. Keeps Asuka and her streak away from her build wrestlemania the year after Rousey Vs Streak in a Champ Vs Champ match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Any update on the women's rumble after the earlier report of it just being a normal battle royale?

As for favourites, i suggest not mentioning odds here at all and if strong rumours, spoiler them.

I remember this year, i read the thread as i watched the next day and people posted about Randy being favourite before the match started.

Sorry guys, edited original post there.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Would love Nakamura to win but can't imagine that happening. Hoping Roode will have a good showing.

Hoping the Rousey thing isn't happening but apparently they have invested in Sharon Corbin aka Shayna Bazler so it looks like both will be present to set up a horsewomen fued

The way they are having Finn battle the jobbers it would be typical WWE logic to have him win it after weeks and months of beating the Miztourage over and over again.

Agreed. Wishful thinking for WWE to go through with this but would love to see Balor win.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If Roman wins it, people will throw rubbish in the ring. Calling it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

J. Marston wrote: »
    If Roman wins it, people will throw rubbish in the ring. Calling it.

There's braindead and there's having Roman win again in the place he was booed mercilessly in 2015

Roman doesn't need the Rumble win to make him look strong, he's had the past 3 years for that

Whatever they're going for on the Smackdown side for Mania, be it Cena or Nakamura, they could do with a Rumble win for momentum, Nakamura because he's never got going and Cena to show he's still got it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm going for a stunning D-Bry return and win, with the roof exploding off the arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,909 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm going for a stunning D-Bry return and win, with the roof exploding off the arena.

Styles vs Bryan at mania yes please

Orton and Nakamura are the first 2 entrants in the rumble match. dont want to see Orton win it again

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

If only....

Bryan number 1 and struggles all the way to the end only for number 30 to be Punk!

AJ Lee comes out whatever the last number is in the women's Rumble match

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Bryan number 1 and struggles all the way to the end only for number 30 to be Punk!

Then Stone Cold comes out and stunners Punk to set up their long-awaited main event at Mania!
    Am I doing it right? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ziggler returns, wins then rejects the title shot before leaving again. Though the rejection thing was done this year as well

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Then Stone Cold comes out and stunners Punk to set up their long-awaited main event at Mania!
    Am I doing it right? :pac:

Steph then comes out and spears Stone Cold and the show ends.:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Steph then comes out and spears Stone Cold and the show ends.:)

As she repeats " This is the womens evolution and if there was ever a time for the yes chant its NOW"

• Registered Users Posts: 85,374 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

KO or Zayn to win if they in it

• Advertisement

Wouldn't be surprised to maybe see KO and Sami in the last 4.

rabzii wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised to maybe see KO and Sami in the last 4.

Roman to eliminate both to win it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Roman and Cena hit the floor at the same time, triple threat with Brock at Mania.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Roman to eliminate both to win it

Can they afford to have the rumble and mania end in boo's this year...again??

They never seem to use rumble as the platform for pushing newer talents on the roster, instead using MITB. Looking down through the full list of rumble winners, there isn't exactly too many surprises in recent times, with maybe the exception of Del Rio and Sheamus.

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/wwes-statement-john-cena-competing-royal-rumble-match

cena in the rumble match

have a feeling he may win it and we get Styles vs Cena at mania for the title

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Wouldn't mind that too much, not the dream match against Nakamura for Styles but a lot more intriguing than Orton or KO for instance

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/wwes-statement-john-cena-competing-royal-rumble-match

cena in the rumble match

Honestly should have main evented last year

Advertisement