Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IKEA sale for Kitchens?

Options
  • 28-12-2017 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Im ready to buy a kitchen from IKEA and was planning on going up to order it sometime around mid January. Before I order it though I was wondering is there a better time to buy a kitchen from IKEA? Do they have sales on kitchens like some other countries do?

I was speaking to someone in IKEA already but she was saying that they do have sales and that there is one on at the moment and then began listing off kitchen items like teapots and forks and knives. She wouldnt give a clear answer on if they have sales on the kitchen cabinets themselves. Anyone here ever buy a kitchen on sale from IKEA or are they the same price all year round? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I have not seen kitchen units on sale in Ikea. However I would say that if you are sitting down with them and going through the kitchen design, after the 'first draft' of the kitchen is designed, tell them that you are concerned about price, and is there any way to cut down the price. There are often ways they can reduce the price. I did this for a kitchen a few years ago. I was really surprised, there was no sighing or anything, they started fiddling around on the computer and treated it as a sort of badge of honour to be able to give me the kitchen I wanted for the lowest price they could. (they got it down from around 1950 to 1800 as I recall).

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They used to sometimes do a €100 gift card for every €1000 you spent. I got this offer twice. Not sure how regularly they do this now as this was a few years ago. It was easy to hold some stuff back and use the gift cards to pay for some of it.

Advertisement