Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redeem game trouble xbox Minecraft

Options
  • 28-12-2017 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

Hi, my young lad got an Xbox Minecraft for Xmas.
    Four cards with redeem codes came with it. Minecraft full game, Minecraft builders pack, Minecraft fav pack, xbox live.

I redeemed them all, email s to say they are ordered but can't find them.

Some are in the queues as recently installed but where are they to play them.

None are in the games section. He has one disk game fifa that is in the games section but nothing else.

Any ideas

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

In the "My Games and Apps" area, they should either be in the "Games" section, or in the "Ready to Install" section.

If they are showing up in the queue, then that makes me believe that they have been installed, so perhaps you've got a filter set up on the "Games" section? Check the top of that section, and see if any of the filters have been changed. The two that you're interested in are the last two, and to include all games that you've got, they should read "All" (top right) and "All Storage" (the one on the second line).

You should also be able to access them through the "Recently Installed" list.

Let us know if that helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

CatInABox wrote: »
    In the "My Games and Apps" area, they should either be in the "Games" section, or in the "Ready to Install" section.

If they are showing up in the queue, then that makes me believe that they have been installed, so perhaps you've got a filter set up on the "Games" section? Check the top of that section, and see if any of the filters have been changed. The two that you're interested in are the last two, and to include all games that you've got, they should read "All" (top right) and "All Storage" (the one on the second line).

You should also be able to access them through the "Recently Installed" list.

Let us know if that helped.

These are the only filters I can find in the attached picture.

Can't locate where they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭dunworth1

on the left of the screen while in y games and apps
    there should be a ready to install option are they listed in there?

dunworth1 wrote: »
    on the left of the screen while in y games and apps
    there should be a ready to install option are they listed in there?

No nothing in there

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hmmm.....

Take a look at your Microsoft account here, and check what's in the recent purchases section.

You should see something along the lines of "Minecraft - Full game" or something like that in the list.

• Advertisement

Hmmm.....

Take a look at your Microsoft account here, and check what's in the recent purchases section.

You should see something along the lines of "Minecraft - Full game" or something like that in the list.

Attached screenshot of what is in the account

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

What account is signed in and is the console set to be the 'home' console?

erkifino wrote: »
    What account is signed in and is the console set to be the 'home' console?

I have no idea. I sign in young lads email and signed myself in as adult email.

What is home set under

So if you go here, does it say that "you own this product"

It's possible that you redeemed it to your account, and not to your sons. To test that, sign in with your account as well as your sons. If this is what's happening, we can still fix it, by using the home account that erkfino mentioned above, or you can get on to Microsoft support to see if you can transfer it over to your sons account.

So if you go here, does it say that "you own this product"

It's possible that you redeemed it to your account, and not to your sons. To test that, sign in with your account as well as your sons. If this is what's happening, we can still fix it, by using the home account that erkfino mentioned above, or you can get on to Microsoft support to see if you can transfer it over to your sons account.

My email is telling my what my son has purchased in last 90 days so I'd assume it's in his account.

• Advertisement

in the screenshot above, it shows Minecraft for Windows 10

in the store, i note that there is two version of Minecraft one for windows 10 and one for xbox (noted but the icons in the image below)

is it possible that you purchased the incorrect version?

minecraft.png

in the screenshot above, it shows Minecraft for Windows 10

in the store, i note that there is two version of Minecraft one for windows 10 and one for xbox

is it possible that you purchased the incorrect version?

minecraft.png

Ya your right it's windows 10, but it came with the Xbox, a card with a redeem code. Why would they supply a free game that can't be played on the console.

Ya your right it's windows 10, but it came with the Xbox, a card with a redeem code. Why would they supply a free game that can't be played on the console.

the card on the bottom right in your image is the Xbox version full game version of Minecraft with included dlc have you redeemed that code yet?

the windows 10 version top right is an extra beta version code that they also supplied which can be played on a windows 10 pc

also i hope youve used the xbox live trial code already

the card on the bottom right in your image is the Xbox version full game version of Minecraft with included dlc have you redeemed that code yet?

the windows 10 version top right is an extra beta version code that they also supplied which can be played on a windows 10 pc

Did the windows 10 a couple of days ago, the rest this morning.
    All queued and downloaded. But nothing showed up in ready to install or games.

Should it go straight in to ready to install?

Did the windows 10 a couple of days ago, the rest this morning.
    All queued and downloaded. But nothing showed up in ready to install or games.

Should it go straight in to ready to install?

it should either download straight away or go into the ready to install

if you open the store on the Xbox and search for Minecraft does it give you an option to install?

it should either download straight away or go into the ready to install

if you open the store on the Xbox and search for Minecraft does it give you an option to install?

Think I sorted it. Something from Minecraft is downloading and has appeared in the games section.
    I'll wait till it fully downloaded before breaking open the bubbly.

Cheers lads.

Advertisement