Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free subscription to the Irish Times - 3rd level students only

Options
  • 28-12-2017 2:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,388 ✭✭✭✭

Spotted this, might be of use for some people. Only stipulations I see are that you need a student email and to be in an Irish 3rd level institute. Subscription will run for 12 months once you activate.

https://www.irishtimes.com/student-hub/signup

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

Cheers OP. It appears to have accepted an old Trinners email address of mine (again).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Wonderful - you need a student email that you can access and it asks you for a student registration number too. Just subscribed - nice start to the day, thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

Excellent, thanks OP. Knew that part time course would come in useful :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Nice one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Staff emails also work - cheers op!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,388 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Rather disappointingly I'm not a student and don't have a student email address. Enjoy those who are able to avail of it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭onform

Thanks OP, not looking a gift horse in the mouth but am I correct in saying that the epaper is not included? Is there a way of upgrading to the Digital Premium pack to receive it (Without paying the full whack)?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Smallglass

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Lumi wrote: »
    Staff emails also work - cheers op!

Ooh thanks - what did you put in for the student number part, year of graduation etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭blindsider

:)

Thanks OP - much appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Paudi L

Best present this Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Ooh thanks - what did you put in for the student number part, year of graduation etc.?

Random 8 digit number, year etc

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭mvron

That's just fantastic - I now have my digital subscription. Thanks so much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

What exactly does it give you? I signed up the other night but the only thing I do see is that it gives me access to subscriber only articles? No epaper- wonder do they do a student price on that as thats what I thought I was signing up for :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭radonicus

Excellent share, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭blindsider

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    What exactly does it give you? I signed up the other night but the only thing I do see is that it gives me access to subscriber only articles? No epaper- wonder do they do a student price on that as thats what I thought I was signing up for :rolleyes:

You're getting the Standard access here:

https://www.irishtimes.com/digital-subscriptions/ie

W/o the subscription you had access to a small number (3?) of free articles per week - unless you did the whole Private Browsing/Delete cookies etc thing which is tiresome and still not as comprehensive.

This works very well for me - thanks again OP!! :)

Does the e-paper give you anything extra, or is it just the formatting?
    (I get the impression it's just the formatting...?)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mollymac57

It didn’t accept my valid staff email address. It’s a firstname.secondname format. Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,388 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

mollymac57 wrote: »
    It didn’t accept my valid staff email address. It’s a firstname.secondname format. Any advice?

Email them and ask. My sister goes to a college that doesn't have student emails, they sorted her out when she got in touch.

Advertisement