Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tractor power problem

Options
  • 27-12-2017 3:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Well I have a Case ih Maxxum 100 x-line that seems grand driving on flat ground but on hills she looses power and I was wondering what would be causing the problem she has oil going into where the coolant should be I think it’s the head gasket gone but not sure would this be the problem ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

If the head gasket is gone you're going to be down on power. I'd get that repaired first

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭discodaveirl

Id be saying to check filters and make sure theres nothing in the tank blocking the pipe.. Head gasket is a possibiltiy for the oil and water mixing but if theres a water cooled oil cooler in it it may be another possibility

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Case_Agri

Id be saying to check filters and make sure theres nothing in the tank blocking the pipe.. Head gasket is a possibiltiy for the oil and water mixing but if theres a water cooled oil cooler in it it may be another possibility
    Ok will do when she starts up she also has white smoke coming out of the exhaust aswell which I think is a sign of the head gasket ? Is it a dear job do ye know ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

White smoke could be a number of issues, does it get worked much or is it just tipping around a yard most of the year? Could be glazed cylinders, lack of compression etc etc.
    As to the cost of the hg, I'd be trying to figure out what caused the failure before making good, are all the water/coolant ways clear, radiator clean etc as nothing worse than having to do the same job twice.
    I'd not be using it much either if you've got oil in the water, you'll have water in the oil and that'll cause more damage and expense.

I'd hazard a guess of approximately 400-600 for the hg repair.
    Don't know if it needs to be skimmed and some heads can't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Case_Agri

kay 9 wrote: »
    White smoke could be a number of issues, does it get worked much or is it just tipping around a yard most of the year? Could be glazed cylinders, lack of compression etc etc.
    As to the cost of the hg, I'd be trying to figure out what caused the failure before making good, are all the water/coolant ways clear, radiator clean etc as nothing worse than having to do the same job twice.
    I'd not be using it much either if you've got oil in the water, you'll have water in the oil and that'll cause more damage and expense.

I'd hazard a guess of approximately 400-600 for the hg repair.
    Don't know if it needs to be skimmed and some heads can't be.

She’d be working fairly hard during the summer but nowadays just gettin da odd bale bout an hour away, cheers for them other bits of info, I kno when we got her from England the head was gone but the dealer replaced it supposedly they probably did a half assed job

• Advertisement
Advertisement