Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone worktops

Options
  • 26-12-2017 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

In the new year I’ll be getting my new kitchen fitted. I got a price off the kitchen company and it seems very high. I have a a few quotes from other companies that seem good but I was wondering if anyone here has any recommendations or warnings. Thank you in advance. I want to do this once and get it right.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭sharpish

Keep shopping around until you are happy.

The stone in Ikea was €600 more than Kube

There’s a lad in Kilbeggan and you can deal direct once you have a good fitter.

Hi,

In the new year I’ll be getting my new kitchen fitted. I got a price off the kitchen company and it seems very high. I have a a few quotes from other companies that seem good but I was wondering if anyone here has any recommendations or warnings. Thank you in advance. I want to do this once and get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭enricoh

Get a sample and run a knife down it and see if it marks it. Keep the sample n make sure what they fit is the same. A lot of the Chinese stone is rubbish, get from a small crowd is my recommendation

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tom114louth

sharpish wrote: »
    Keep shopping around until you are happy.

The stone in Ikea was €600 more than Kube

There’s a lad in Kilbeggan and you can deal direct once you have a good fitter.

Hi Sharpish,

Could you send me the details in private message of the lad you know.

Advertisement