Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to get lunch in Carlow Stephens Day

Options
  • 26-12-2017 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any places open today for lunch? Have been ringing around and checking online but even all the hotels dont seem to be doing lunch today.

Anyone know of anywhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

The Clink is open ( the Old Courthouse hotel) and the food is usually excellent. Hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Scraggs wrote: »
    The Clink is open ( the Old Courthouse hotel) and the food is usually excellent. Hope this helps!

Thanks so much! I only missed your post by a few minutes and ended up with fast food but will definitely try it some other time anyway as we're always on the lookout for local spots to try.

Cheers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,887 ✭✭✭patrickc

I can't agree about Clink, it's pretty poor service and food IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭DancingHomer

I had stayed away from The Clink because of how the building across the road was illegally demolished, but they've won me over now - the place is buzzing at the weekend, no punters in camouflage tracksuits or steaming drunk alcoholics served (looking at you, Corcorans), and the service is second to none. I wish some most of the other publicans in the town would show the same ambition.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

Went to Clink last week and loved it. Great food and service. Very reasonable too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

As it happens the Clink was the only hotel in the county to reopen on St. Stephens Day, Tuesday the 26th of December.

The rest reopen on Wednesday the 27th of December.

Stephouse in Borris for example closes on Mondays & Tuesdays anyway so things landed well for them this year but Seven Oaks/Talbot/Dolmen and, I think, Mt. Wolseley & Lord Bagenal all close/d from Christmas Eve til the 27th.

Can't recall a time when it's been anything different.

Advertisement