Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sent the wrong Argos e- receipt

Options
  • 26-12-2017 6:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi all,
    I bought my wife a phone in Argos on Christmas eve. The cashier asked if I would like an e- receipt ,great idea I thought .when i checked my email later on that day i discovered I had gotten a completely different receipt sent to me for a product that was several hundred euros cheaper then the phone. Any body ever dealt with a similar issue in Argos .just worried in case an issue occurs and I need to return it.
    Happy Christmas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Were you not also given a paper receipt to collect it at the counter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

I would say just make sure your original receipt is correct and take a picture of it and send it to yourself via e-mail. Very weird for someone else's receipt to be sent to you. For this to have happened, they would have to go through another whole transaction, then at the end, enter your e-mail address into the till. Very weird, but no harm that I can see apart from not receiving the proper e-mail receipt. Just make sure to unsubscribe through the link in the e-mail if you don't want junk mail from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Go back in and query it. I'm sure if you still have the paper receipt that they could adjust the emailed one.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 d7guy

Thank you all for all your advice. Unfortunately I never received a paper receipt and so I will just pop in tomorrow to Argos and see if I can sort it out . its not a biggie happy with the phone just want to be on the safe side.

Just to clarify ..I did get the order collection number piece of paper with my order number at the till ...but I think I may have binned it on my way out ...I genuinely can t remember .I just didn't get a traditional receipt .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭.red.

d7guy wrote: »
    Just to clarify ..I did get the order collection number piece of paper with my order number at the till ...but I think I may have binned it on my way out ...I genuinely can t remember .I just didn't get a traditional receipt .

That is your receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

d7guy wrote: »

"the order collection number piece of paper" this is your receipt, they stamp it at the counter when you receive your item.

Just an update to say thanks to all those who posted advice for me I really appreciated it.
    I went back to the store in question and they emailed me the original receipt .

• Administrators Posts: 13,858 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Usually when they stamp the "order number paper" they tell you to hold on to it, as its your receipt and guarantee.

I always find Argos are good for sorting out stuff. Good to hear they were able to email you the proper one.

Advertisement