Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC gaming presents

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I wish. Couldn't even muster a Steam voucher out of my lot this year. I'll remember that..........

• Registered Users Posts: 12,323 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Darch Nemesis reaches for the keyboard to stop the zombie from biting his arm but remembered that Clem hadn't bought him a voucher

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,165 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The OH got me some logitech speakers, which was nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Treated myself to a new set of headphones for use when i'm not using a mic. Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro's. Not got them yet but they're on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Treated myself to a Formula Force EX secondhand and a few cheap VR games and one not so cheap (FO4VR).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Bought some games in the GOG.com sale

Cuphead, Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice, Painkiller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Wife is taking baby for a half a day.

Best present

Divinity 2 here i come!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Funny thing is you will be done with Destiny 2 in half a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Divinity 2 not Destiny 2.

Well that's a totally different story, enjoy! I still need to start it myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

Slightly late Christmas present arrived this morning :D

Got myself an MSI Gaming GTX 1070ti, cant wait til get outta work today to give it a run through tonight, upgrading from the MSI Gaming GTX 970 :)

CraigM84 wrote: »
    Slightly late Christmas present arrived this morning :D

Got myself an MSI Gaming GTX 1070ti, cant wait til get outta work today to give it a run through tonight, upgrading from the MSI Gaming GTX 970 :)

Let us know how it goes, im planning and upgrade from 970 to 1070ti or 1080 soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Dcully wrote: »
    Let us know how it goes, im planning and upgrade from 970 to 1070ti or 1080 soon.
    ..or 1170? :D

Got a bunch of VR games myself. I'm hoping BoxVR lives up to the hype of being great for exercise, need to work off those christmas dinners :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Upgraded my rig the week before xmas as my gift to myself went from my 1st ever cpu an FX6300 to a Ryzen 1700

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

No PC pressies for me, boo, tbh I have everything I need/want but I might treat myself once i get a few quid from steam cards. Thinking of Onward and/or Rez for the Rift and maybe Project cars 2 which can be got for around ~25 euro on some semi legit sites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Was gifted one of those full desk mouse-mat surfaces (deadly, especially cos I was not expecting it) and a set of Cloud II's (equally deadly, but expected).

Oh....and a laser printer. Not that thrilling but I did need it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Got €20 Steam voucher....absolutely no clue what to buy!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭super_sweeney

got a new coffee lake i7 and a 1070Ti what a beast!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Treated myself to a handful of games and a new SSD. Have I had the energy to install it yet? Have I feck :D

Shiminay wrote: »
    Treated myself to a handful of games and a new SSD. Have I had the energy to install it yet? Have I feck :D
    I sat on a new SSD for 6 months before installing it in a new build, granted had to put the build together but still lol, I find when building with a new case its just a complete time sink trying to get decent cable management etc.

• Advertisement

lmimmfn wrote: »
    I sat on a new SSD for 6 months before installing it in a new build, granted had to put the build together but still lol, I find when building with a new case its just a complete time sink trying to get decent cable management etc.

I hear that! I have a new psu to go in for the last year (old one is fine, but old). Right now I'm thinking I'll just do the full upgrade and get motherboard, CPU, RAM etc. I've already been talking to the fine folk on the pc building and upgrades forum about what's hot and not. I see a spending spree on the ho-Ryzen... (I'll get my coat)

Haha that's bad. I'd love a threadripper just to play around with VMs etc. but built a new rig earlier in the year so can't justify it.

Picked up a G29 with pedals and gearstick in Lisburn for £150( well had £100 sterling lying around so wasn't too bad on the pocket ). Have a G25 already but will give that to the nephew.
    So that's my PC gaming treat sorted. Now to dismantle G25 and set it up. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

The G920 is on offer again on Currys UK site. So tempted to get it as a present to myself (along with the Oculus Rift).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

A new wheel from santa https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/steering-wheels/clubsport-steering-wheel-porsche-918-rsr-eu.html
    Had to buy the V2.5 base as a secret present to myself..

Still using my g27 pedals had to buy this adapter so I could use them stand alone http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=187 works perfect..

If I was doing it again, pedals / gearstick / handbrake / wheel in that order.

I've always admired the commitment to the cause of the car and flight sim enthusiasts to build the wildest setups. I've never been enough of a fan of those types of games to indulge. But that said, my flat is basically a recording studio, so I guess my madness went down a slightly different route :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

The G920 is on offer again on Currys UK site. So tempted to get it as a present to myself (along with the Oculus Rift).
    Both are and a great price. They're pretty much the same except the G920 looks nicer but G29 has LEDs for when to change gear etc.
    I chose the G29 as I prefer function over aesthetics but will admit its minimal.

Shiminay wrote: »
    I've always admired the commitment to the cause of the car and flight sim enthusiasts to build the wildest setups. I've never been enough of a fan of those types of games to indulge. But that said, my flat is basically a recording studio, so I guess my madness went down a slightly different route :D
    On mobile so double post. I got bored with regular console gaming and wanted more, had my g25 since ~2010, its just stuff that lasts ages and makes the games far more immersive. A wheel and VR is in a league of its own, absolutely sublime, seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Both are and a great price. They're pretty much the same except the G920 looks nicer but G29 has LEDs for when to change gear etc.
    I chose the G29 as I prefer function over aesthetics but will admit its minimal.

G920 is out of stock for delivery and some stores I checked too. The G29 is available in Belfast for collection, I would like the G920 for the Xbox One too as the PS4 is rarely used. Decisions, decisions :D

• Advertisement

G920 is out of stock for delivery and some stores I checked too. The G29 is available in Belfast for collection, I would like the G920 for the Xbox One too as the PS4 is rarely used. Decisions, decisions :D
    I just checked availability and drove up to Lisburn yesterday( picked up some other stuff too, can't believe how much cheaper some things are up north ), got tired of Curry's making it as stupidly difficult as possible to order online.
    Its stupid that the G29 doesn't work on not consoles, same with the G920.
    I think today is the last day of the sale.

Advertisement