Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitachi 50HK6T74U 50 Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart TV €369

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

cronos wrote: »

Looked at this earlier. Good price but very mixed reviews for it especially for the smart functions. Most people say buying a branded model for 50/100 extra is a better spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

TriStar6 wrote: »
    Looked at this earlier. Good price but very mixed reviews for it especially for the smart functions. Most people say buying a branded model for 50/100 extra is a better spend.

I would warn anyone against buying a Hitachi and go so far as to say avoid at all cost. The set is that cheap for a reason.

I got a similar model in the sales last year. The speakers were absolute dirt. I know a lot of flat screens need external amplification these days but the Hitachi ones were atrocious. There's also no HDR function. To say the software it runs is outdated, ugly and impractical would be a compliment.

Oh and to top it all off, the set started switching on and off by itself after about 3 weeks. I'd never been disappointed disappointed with a ln electronics purchase in my whole life. Brought mine back and paid an extra 100 for an LG and haven't looked back since.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Asmodean wrote:
    I would warn anyone against buying a Hitachi and go so far as to say avoid at all cost. The set is that cheap for a reason.

Over had an Hitachi, albeit not the same model but I find them fine. The apps are OK as most people just basically use YouTube or netflix, so what if it doesn't have HDR.

Every TV will have people warning to stay away because they have had some particular issue when it's a simple fact that every TV will have at least one person who has had it.

But if you want to spend less than 400 on a TV then go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Asmodean wrote: »

I got a similar model in the sales last year. The speakers were absolute dirt. I know a lot of flat screens need external amplification these days but the Hitachi ones were atrocious. There's also no HDR function. To say the software it runs is outdated, ugly and impractical would be a compliment.

Oh and to top it all off, the set started switching on and off by itself after about 3 weeks. I'd never been disappointed disappointed with a ln electronics purchase in my whole life. Brought mine back and paid an extra 100 for an LG and haven't looked back since.

I will counter with this- i also got a Hitachi in the sales last year and, for its purpose (main watching area, non HDR) it is absolutely perfect. Had zero issues with it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I'm thinking of picking one of these up today, our 13 year old Samsung Plasma has started to change the volume by itself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement