Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TIDAL - 12 day free trial starting today (25 December)

Options
  • 25-12-2017 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭

TIDAL is offering a free 12 day trial starting today (25 December) and all you need is an e-mail, no credit cards, paypal or anything, just 12 days of service in exchange for an e-mail (even temporary e-mails) and you can even try the HiFi lossless quality service.

http://tidal.com/ie/try-now

Make sure you choose the right version of TIDAL depending on the quality you want, it defaults to Premium but if you want lossless quality you need to change the selection to HiFi when signing up and than in the App of your choice.

TIDAL Premium
    Standard sound quality. High definition music videos. Expertly curated editorial.

TIDAL HiFi
    Lossless High Fidelity sound quality. High definition music videos. Expertly curated editorial.

In post 13 of this thread there is also a 90 day trial available, however that require you to download a 3rd party software and provide a credit card. The above 12 day trial is available with any e-mail only, no personal details needed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,460 ✭✭✭micks_address

TIDAL is offering a free 12 day trial starting today (25 December) and all you need is an e-mail, no credit cards, paypal or anything, just 12 days of service in exchange for an e-mail (even temporary e-mails) and you can even try the HiFi lossless quality service.

http://tidal.com/ie/try-now

On Android app it's not letting me select hi fi quality setting?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

If you signed up for the "TIDAL HiFi" free trial (Not the TIDAL Premium) than if you go into Quality Settings it should show you Normal/High/Hifi to choose from.

Have you signed up for "TIDAL HiFi"?

It works fine for me on Android/Sonos/Apple. I'm really enjoying the Sonos integration in Android.

If you signed up for the "TIDAL HiFi" free trial (Not the TIDAL Premium) than if you go into Quality Settings it should show you Normal/High/Hifi to choose from.

Have you signed up for "TIDAL HiFi"?

It works fine for me on Android/Sonos/Apple. I'm really enjoying the Sonos integration in Android.

I signed up at the link provided and then opened app

I signed up at the link provided and then opened app

Seems trial is for tidal premium?

There are 2 versions of TIDAL

TIDAL Premium

TIDAL HiFi

If you want Lossless (FLAC) you need to choose TIDAL HiFi, if you just want MP3 quality, Premium.

Check what you did choose when signing up.

• Advertisement

Seems trial is for tidal premium?

Nope you just need to make your choice on the webpage for either of the version. It just defaults to premium.

Nope you just need to make your choice on the webpage for either of the version.

Sorted

Sorted

Enjoy it, I find this way better on my Sonos than Spotify.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

This was 30 days free trial on the 24th.
    I sent it to a friend but never signed up myself. Seems weird that it went down to 12 days on Christmas day. :confused:

And the 12 day trial is appearing everywhere (Engadget, Techspot, Techradar etc.). What is the difference? The 30 day trial 100% offered both options. I do not know why it is getting so much attention for what seems less.

Edited:

Ahhh... found it. :)
    https://www.engadget.com/2017/12/23/tidal-free-12-day-trial-new-content/
    Starting on Christmas, Tidal will begin a 12-day free trial period that's a little different than a typical trial. Tidal already has a 30-day free trial for its regular and HiFi tier, but this one doesn't require you to put in a credit card first or, therefore, make sure you cancel before it ends if you decide you don't want to continue. Additionally, each day of the trial, Tidal will be releasing new, exclusive content.

12 says trial = requires e-mail address only
    30 days trial = e-mail, credit card and cancel subscription in time (can't have used the same e-mail / credit card before either).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

I didn't know what TIDAL was so I googled it and watched a video demo. What I took away from it was, the user will probably only benefit from the sound quality if they have high spec headphones, if using a low quality headphone you will unlikely notice much difference, but its subjective I guess as everyones ears are different.

Abit like someone having the top spec tv but not having the HD box with the HD hdmi cable. :-)

Sennheiser Captune is a software from Sennheiser that allows you to customize their headphones and it comes with a whopping 3 month free subscription for Tidal HiFi, you don't even need a Sennheiser headset.

Captune cost nothing, it's available for free https://en-us.sennheiser.com/captune-headphone-sound-app

Once in the App you can sign up for a 90 days trial with Tidal from within the App which requires e-mail address and credit card (which will be authorized for 19.99€ but not charged).

Note for Apple users - warning, do not subscribe via iTunes, use the link in the App only otherwise you will get charged the full amount.

Note for all users - make sure you cancel in time to avoid being charged 19.99€.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,874 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

dennispenn wrote: »

Abit like someone having the top spec tv but not having the HD box with the HD hdmi cable. :-)

The 1 and 0 will come through the same on any HDMI cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Long term Tidal user thru affilliated discount. They have some albums on desktop version that are Master tape copies. Well worth checking out.

Just got a mail on my 12 days free trial:
    Get an additional 90 FREE days of TIDAL by adding a payment method to your account. Cancel at anytime during your free trial and you will not be charged.

Check your mail if you signed up for the 12 days trial, maybe in your spam folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Its a bit shcompared to the free 4 months on Google play and free 3 months on spotify

I take a 3 month hifi quality Tidal trial any time over Spotify or Google.

Remember that Tidal does offer hi quality download / streaming while Spotify and Google are just average files.

A good set of headphones and a good DAC and it's a pleasure to listen.

Even on my Sonos I can clearly hear the quality difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Downloaded it now, thanks OP.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Downloaded it now, thanks OP.

Tidal emailed me today offering three months free if I add payment method.. Cancel at any time.. Heavy Spotify family subscription user and doesn't look like tidal works on android auto in the car so I doubt I'll switch

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The iPad app is very slow for me.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The iPad app is very slow for me.

I noticed the same, I thought it just might be that mine is so old. But downloads take ages and than swapping between albums/playlists take a while too.

No such lag when using Sonos with Tidal as a source on the same iPad, so it must be the App.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

The app is laggy for me on my iPad and iPhone, to the extent that I rarely use either. I'm a long-time Tidal user, the quality of the desktop master files are incredible, but piggyback off my wife's Apple Music family account for use with my iPhone and iPad. For home though, streaming via the Sonos, Tidal can't be beaten imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Been offered 90 days free if I add a payment method and you can still cancel within those 90 days.

Advertisement